“Best Local Coffee Shop and Bakery”
Review of Joyce Bakeshop

Joyce Bakeshop
Ranked #43 of 188 Coffee & Tea in Brooklyn
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I began going to Joyce right when it opened. It was a welcome addition to the neighborhood and all of the food is amazing. I love the chai and blueberry iced tea (when it's in season). They also have the best baby gifts ever!!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

They have the best black and white cookies ever, very creamy and perfect size, excellent price, love it

Reviewed 20 September 2015

I once worked literally around the corner from this bake shop and would venture inside for chocolate brioche and a cup of hot chocolate. I've also had their sandwiches and other pastries and goodies but I could never pull away from the brioche.

PROS: All cafe's offer free wi-fi and though this should not be a factor at all I will mention it. It has free internet. The pastries are super delicious and you can only blame yourself if you happen to become a diabetic. No joke, the pastries will have you hooked. The bakery is in the back and you can see the folks making the goodies. It's unfair to leave the staff out of the good review but the staff I used to know, who are still there, and the rotation squad can be night and day. I will keep it at that. On my last trip I was served and although there was no rudeness or snobbish attitude I did miss the charm certain staff members give. The seating is decent and just enough but beware. I will explain more in the CONS section. Price is more than fair, although there may be some folks who would think prices are steep or even the elderly who may just be looking for a really cheap pastry.

CONS: The seating is decent but can become limited very quickly. For people who cannot stand the noise of children being children my advice is to step in, order what you want and walk out ready to enjoy your sugary sweets. Staff may seem unfriendly but perhaps it's just who they are and as long as they are not rude or improper I wouldn't rate the shop negatively on this alone.

OVERALL: If you ever find yourself in the vicinity and perhaps on your way to Prospect Park, stop in and order yourself something savory to have on your excursion. I shall return soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2015

None fresher.
My morning croissant was still warm from the oven.
Made the old fashioned way, oozing from butter.
Reminded me of fresh from bakeries in Paris.
What not to like.
Serves many other baked treats, along with locally roasted, Gorilla a Coffee.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Staffed by helpful and cheery people, this small bakery-sweet shop is clean with a variety of healthful and sweet treats. We tried the biscotti, granola bars, and granola (sweet and unsweetened) and enjoyed them all. We also had the black and white cookies. Warning - these balck and white cookies came with a thick layer of cupcake icing and not the traditional soft royal icing. But try the in season chef's specials. When we went it was just nearly the end of cherry season and the fresh cherry treats were delicious. Enjoy excellent and free password-protected Wi-Fi.

Been to Joyce Bakeshop? Share your experiences!