Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Official Hotel
US$176
US$85
SAVE US$91
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$176
AscendUS$158
FindHotelUS$176
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2019

So the wanted poster on the front door welcoming guest should have been a clue. The room was tiny, fair on cleanliness. The real issue came a week after my stay when my credit card was hit for over 1,000 in fraud. The only place I us d it in over a month was here. Don't stay if you can help it.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

The pros, closest "reasonable" hotel to Barclay Center. That's about it.

Bed was only accessible from one side where there was 8 inches of space. Other side had less than 4 inches, and a TV mounted on that wall. No place to put suitcase.

Glad we were just sleeping there a few hours.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2019

We were apparently given a "cozy queen" room. The bed was surrounded by a closet/cupboard and there was about an inch or so between the mattress and the cupboard/bed frame. I have a huge bruise on my leg from the knob on the cupboard that sticks out very close to the mattress. This place was an incredible disappointment.

Avoid staying here especially if you are a senior citizen. It is very difficult to get in and out of the bed because of the surrounding cupboard. There is no free breakfast as was mentioned before.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 19 October 2019

To set the stage - There are limited hotel options for stays in Gowanus Brooklyn at the moment. So, having stayed at the Union Hotel once before, I recommended my wedding guests stay here because I knew it would be close to my wedding venue. The rooms are teeny tiny, but at least I knew they would be in walking distance to my wedding so my out-of-town guests could enjoy themselves without having to worry about driving.

I prepaid for 3 rooms especially for my limited-English speaking guests and had some issues getting them checked in on the day of my wedding (not to be dramatic, but the front desk literally called me to tell me that there were issues with the reservations 5 minutes before I was suppose to walk down the aisle!! even though I made the reservation over a month in advance. They made no apologies or attempts to help me out even after I told them I was a bride who was literally about to be married and could use a little assistance on their part)....but after some phone calls and email exchanges with the front desk it seemed that all was well and I did not hear from the hotel again.

Around 2am, my guests - the family of 6 for whom I had prepaid the rooms- call me that they are back home in New Jersey because the hotel refused to give them room keys and they were turned away.

The hotel staff never made any effort to notify me of any issues. When I found at 2am that my guests were in New Jersey instead of safe in their hotel rooms, I called the hotel right away. I was told by the front desk that they could not help me and the General Manager would not be in until Monday after a holiday weekend. I was stonewalled at that point. No apologies. No efforts to remedy the situation. I didn't even know there was an issue until my guests embarrassingly had to call me in the middle of the night hours later.

When I finally spoke with the hotel GM, they refused to refund me for the prepaid rooms (giving various excuses for why they felt they didn't need to give me my $ back). But the point is, I would have NEVER KNOWN there was a problem with my reservation because they made no attempt to reach out to me so I could fix the situation in real time. Instead they intimidated my non-English speaking guests and forced them into a taxi in the middle of the night. Meanwhile the whole reason I booked and prepaid for these rooms for my guests was because they did not speak English well and I didn't want them to have to deal with any issues on my WEDDING NIGHT! Needless to say, it was a horrible experience for everyone involved.

I do not take bad reviews lightly. I think the whole unpleasant situation could have been avoided if the front desk just let me know what was happening in real time (it was my name on the reservation after all). Instead the hotel took my money, said nothing and then denied any responsibility in the fiasco in the following days.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 15 October 2019

I get that rooms in NYC can be small, but this was exacerbated by cramming too-large furniture into a small room. The bed was in a huge bedframe/cupboard combo which had sharp edges. The placement of the sharp-edged bedframe, the desk and the stool made it really difficult to move around. In addition, the cupboard thing around the head of the mattress had us knocking our elbows all night. The AC unit was loud and cycling on and off, making it hot-cold-hot-cold all night. Disappointed in which we got for the rate we paid.

Date of stay: October 2019