All reviews yogurt rooms are small few blocks parking spot parking is limited new york subway station decent hotel business center enjoyed my stay clean hotel convenient location prospect park lowlands nyc neighborhood cab
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Family of five, late booking after a flight cancellation at Newark Liberty.

It seemed to take ages to get here from the airport, taxi driver was grumpy and unhelpful.

However once we got here, La Quinta was nice. Pleasant staff, good & clean rooms. We had a decent rest before heading off to catch our rebooked flight at JFK.

Included breakfast was a nice bonus, eating space was a bit small but we managed. There was actually more food on offer than it initially appeared, so make sure to look around carefully, those well-stocked fridges contain a few goodies!

Overall a good experience, we didn't really have time to explore the neighbourhood but it seemed pleasant enough.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This hotel is not what they advertise. The first room I was given the door would not lock. Their solution was just keep jiggling it until it catches. They then agreed to move me to a different room. The website says hotel is newly renovated as of 2017, pillow-top mattresses with thick plush towels. All not true, the furniture is old and falling apart, the bed hard as a rock, hardly any lights in the room which I guess helps you not see that the sheets are all pilled, they had stains, and the towels are thin and hard. The bathroom you could tell was cleaned, although not clean looking. Man at front desk had no comment when I complained except to say he could cancel the remainder of my reservation but could do nothing about that night since their cancel policy is 24 hrs. and I already checked in. This was all 20 minutes after I checked in. I left anyway.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank JeanB2424
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This was my 4th trip to NYC and my partners 6th so we decided it would be nice to stay outside Manhattan for more of a neighbourhood experience.

La Quinta was the perfect choice, the location was fabulous with a subway station only a few blocks away. With a little bit of planning we never had any problem getting around to wherever we needed to go which is of course the beauty of the NYC subway system.

We enjoy Comedy Clubs and both Freddy's and The Bell House are a short walk from the Hotel... there is also lots of restaurants close by.

The room itself was a little small and we ended up climbing over our bags but we don't spend a lot of time in the room so that was a minor inconvenience. It was clean and comfortable with a basic buffet breakfast available at a great price.

I'd definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 20 April 2018

The price of the La Quinta Downtown is really agreeable- and the space is clean, relatively comfortable, and accessible.

A few things that I would note are the following:

Service- I called over 2 weeks prior to our trip to request a room away from the elevator as other reviews said it can be noisy. We got a shrug and an explanation that all they had available was 110... 110 happens to be in the Entry of the Lobby, next to the Elevator and Breakfast Nook.

So every person that came in from the bars into the lobby, was talking loudly, and then in the early morning every family coming into the Breakfast Nook was loud, and talking and so that was that... you just didn't have any quiet, morning or night.

Then there was a storm on Sunday- which the uncovered AC unit is basically a metal noise box which echoes all water dropped on it. So- then we were awake all night because there was a percussion concert going on from our AC unit.

The bed was otherwise comfy, room clean, the little coffee/tea maker was a nice touch- it's just the noise levels that dropped things down in experience.

Room tip: Do not stay in Room 110
Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Brianna S
Reviewed 10 April 2018

A really sweet and small hotel with an excellent front desk staff. Don't be misled by some other reviews...this is a gem of a bargain in an outer boro. Just be aware that on site parking is very limited.

Room tip: Be aware of elevators.
Date of stay: December 2017