All reviews carroll gardens f line smith st small refrigerator court st bottle of champagne subway station within walking distance cobble hill coffee machine big apple park slope fran joe block neighborhood bathroom
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Don’t stay here! Do I have to put it in all caps? DO. NOT. STAY. HERE. Why’s that? Well, I’m glad you asked. You see, I know you, so I know you prefer sterile, cookie-cutter hotels with their loud guests and even louder ice machines right outside your door. So you’ll be absolutely miserable at a charming, quiet place like this. I guarantee it. Yeah, I see you too, so I know you need to walk far longer than just one block such as the case is here to reach a subway station. Yeah, you know who you are. Do I have to draw you a picture? I also know you prefer to step outside of your hotel and suddenly be surrounded by throngs of people, some of whom are always trying to sell you something. Just so you know, you’ll miss that here. You’ll really miss it! I also know you like to flash your money around like you’re somebody special and stay at the ritziest places just so you can look like some kinda big-shot to your co-workers and your so-called friends. Imagine how cheap and common you’ll feel when you tell them you spent only $125 a night on your Big Apple vacation! I know, too, that you prefer the safety and familiarity of chain restaurants, especially when you travel. You’ll miss your McDonald’s, your Cheesecake Factory, and your Olive Garden. You’d be lost at any of the dozens of nearby mom-and-pop, hole-in-the-wall kinda places that pack in the locals night after night. Way too much character and uniqueness. Why, you might even have to look at a menu. For that matter, I don’t even think you would go in the door because, if you believe anything at all, it’s that bigger is always better. Have I convinced you yet? If only I could sit down with you and tell you in person. What is it again they say in Brooklyn? It’s even on some of their signs. Oh yeah, Fugheddaboudit.

There, that ought to keep a slot open for us. See you again soon, Inn on Second.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loneoak75
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We stay at the Inn on Second when we are in Brooklyn visiting family. We truly adore this wonderful little Inn. The room are spotless and welcoming. Host Fran and Joe Dirks go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and memorable. We believe they offer the best value and accommodations in town. You won’t find a better location than their Spot in Carroll Gardens. The Inn is very close to the subways and within walking distance of most everything in Brooklyn. We hope you will give it a try. We think you will love it as much as we do.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pbintexas
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This is simply the best spot in Carroll Gardens for traveler convenience and complete comfort! The Inn is absolutely spotless, warm, friendly and set in the middle of one of the most family friendly neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Call early because folks that know about this wonderful spot book ahead and the reservation calendar does fill up. Whether I am traveling alone our with my husband, this is our preferred place to stay while in town !

Room Tip: Either room at this Inn will be truly comfortable for travelers.i
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Pbintexas
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Fran, our host led us to our room and told us about amenities, ending in, "....we tried to think of everything.." and Joe and Fran certainly did think of everything one would need for a comfortable overnight stay. Yes, down to the lotions I use and many many other little surprises stocked in the bathroom. I thought, well, next time I will only need my toothbrush! Aside from the terrific location nestled in beautiful Carol Gardens, this low key Inn on Second was 1 block from the F line, had a garden bench in their small garden out front where I took coffee I made to read early morning. My husband and I couldn't be happier finding this gem. But that's not all. It was our 48th wedding anniversary and upon return from our day trip to Manhattan, we found 2 fluted crystal glasses in our room with a bottle of champagne in the small refrigerator! Are you looking for a peaceful, homey, well appointed place to stay in Brooklyn that isn't too expensive??? Stay at the Inn on Second.

Room Tip: 1st choice is front room facing quiet street/neighborhood front gardens, had a desk..was slightly larger than the room facing back yard.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saundra P
Reviewed 26 May 2017

We really enjoyed staying at the Inn on Second. Everything regarding booking, arriving, departing etc was very simple and flexible. We got the room towards the street, nice view and no problem with noisy traffic etc. Booking this place, you must understand that the bathroom (small but clean and nice) is shared with the other room. We were fortunate to be alone so no problem for us.
The location is just lovely, very Close to the Subway and so much within Walking distance. The room has refrigerator and a good coffee machine (coffee and soft drinks comes with thee room). A great WholeFoods a short walk towards Park Slope. Lots of restaurants on Smith St just nearby, but Cobble Hill and Red Hook we walked to too.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple