See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2015

Just wanted to leave a little review, my stay was great, nice personnel time well spent! Glad they had parking, the room was clean, clean sheets, towels etc. Overall convenient and not extremely pricey. Would stay there again if I travel that way!

Hope that will help others who are planning on staying at this Inn.
Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I have shared your comments with our team.
Your response is greatly appreciated has it help us. We would love to welcome you back when you are in brooklyn.

Vishal Bodalia

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Good: relatively clean, comfy bed, attached separate bathroom, good shower water pressure. Bad: faint smell of weed everywhere (lobby, halls) except our room, styrofoam plates and bowls at breakfast (should use paper products), sketchy-looking neighborhood but we had no problems walking 6 blocks to/from the subway twice a day, breakfast is the SAME food every day (no variation). Served our purpose but we weren't impressed.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Pam D
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2015

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad that our location was convenient for your stay. We apologize for faint smell in the lobby, We will definitely use your comments as we continue to make changes to our hotel and guest rooms. Also we are happy that found our location close to subway and will make changes in breakfast too.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to get the chance to see you again in the future.

Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Stayed for 3 nights in May 2015. The hotel is decently close to the subway, about a 10 minute walk. Takes about 45 minutes to get to Manhattan, or Brooklyn Bridge. The neighbourhood is decent, but there is a lot of garbage around. Hire a car to get to the hotel from LaGuardia Airport, taxi around rush hour will cost close to 100$. Cheaper to book car on a website then through the hotel.

The rooms are nice, we stayed in a King size room. Mostly made up of the bed. But the bed was comfortable. Bathrooms are on the smaller size and the tubs are not the cleanest.

Don't stay based on the breakfast provided, unless you are going for a coffee and beagle type of morning. The eggs and sausages leave much to be desired, and unless you are eating breakfast at 7am the baked goods provided are very dry.

Rooms were clean, and bed was comfortable so overall happy with our stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor. (however there is only 1 elevator, and it is very slow)
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HleihelTravel
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel been decent and close to subway.

Regarding our bearkfast i have shared your comment to our management. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Thank you once again. we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I visited with my two sons; we were in town for a wedding. Location was "urban" meaning a bit of decay and nastiness, HOWEVER, for a Brooklyn with like 2.5 Million people in it, my expectations were worse. The hotel itself was rather new, and SUPER clean. Cleanest hotel I've stayed in, and my usual hotels are much "fancier" than this one. Location across from McDonalds (24 hours) was great for kids. The hotel is between two subway lines, both about a 10 minute walk away. (not bad for us, but if you're not a walker ... well ... stay in Manhattan). Subways go out to Coney Island and in to NYC.

The breakfast was ... free. Not good. Not the worst, either. Did I mention McDonalds?

As a place to sleep when out-and-about visiting New York City, this was great. The neighborhood was quiet, actually, and the hotel absolutely silent. Lots of interesting cuisine options nearby. Some were good. Bodegas (urban convenient stores) right around the corner.

Beside the room, which was tiny, but absolutely well put together ... the staff was great. On our check-in, the clerk helped adjust our reservation to an upper floor room. He couldn't promise city views, but the views south were interesting ... my first trip to Brooklyn. I had other clerks very helpful, too, for extra towels, etc.

I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again. In fact, it felt like OUR room by the end of our 5 day stay. We were "familiar" with the hotel, the neighborhood, and how to get around.

Room Tip: There are very few rooms per floor, ask for higher room, but some do and some don't have city views.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank ClevelandBill
698dineshb, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Sleep Inn. We are thrilled to hear you “had an Good time and found our hotel clean. We do understand about our Breakfast did not make you happy but we have done changes and provide more varities of food. We strive in providing our guests with a memorable experience and are so pleased. Thank you for sharing that our staff is friendly and helpful!

We are glad you enjoyed our rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2015

I've stayed in a variety of hotels in the New York City area and, having stayed here several times, would say this hotel is average to slightly above average for hotels in this price range outside of Manhattan. Overall it met my expectations. The property appears to be relatively new so is in pretty good shape.

Be aware that this hotel charges both a daily "safe with limited warranty" fee and a daily "hotel services fee," neither of which are disclosed in the estimate emailed from ChoiceHotels.com. The fees totaled $3.26 per day for a recent stay. Not a huge deal, but if you don't look for them you may not be aware of them. I was never offered a receipt upon checking out. I recently stayed in another hotel in the Choice Hotels portfolio in another part of the country and was not charged these fees.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank TravelerInTime2
698dineshb, General Manager at Sleep Inn Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are glad that you found our hotel in pretty good shape. I would like to clear about the service and safe fee about the hotel charges its $1.63 each for each day, we have removed the charges from your bill and will see the $3.26 on the card. I would like to apologies on behalf of our staff regarding not providing accurate information about any fees. I assure you that issue mentioned will be taken seriously.
We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.

Vishal Bodalia