“good, inexpensive Thai food”
Review of Mee Thai Brooklyn

Mee Thai Brooklyn
Ranked #1,088 of 5,583 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed 14 January 2015

I swung by this casual Thai joint the other night for a quick bite before an beer tasting. My friend recommended we go there as she has had several good experiences, even if the ambiance is lackluster...and we were the only ones actually in the restaurant the entire time we ate. (They seem to do a pretty robust delivery service.)

I tend to stick with my favorites when trying out a new spot, and for Thai food, I generally have Tom Yum soup (spicy soup with shrimp and lemongrass) and Pad Kee Mao aka drunken noodles with mixed veggies and tofu. I ordered both and Mee Thai did not disappoint. The food was served piping hot and you received quite a hefty portion for the price (my whole meal, tip included was ~$18).

As another reviewer mentioned, the decor is lacking, and at least the night my friend and I went, the crowd was non-existent (making for a somewhat self-conscious dining experience), so I will keep them at 4 stars. But, apparently, later in the evenings they get pretty packed so perhaps it is more of an after-bar spot versus before. All in all, a solid Thai restaurant in Park Slope.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Real thai cuisine prepared by the best chef! The lunch specials are quite reasonable and the chef wii adjust the spice to your liking. The drunken noodles with mixed seafood are a hit with my daughter and I. We order take out at least twice weekly.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We eat a lot of Thai food and Mee Thai is among the best we've had. My husband even said his tofu Pad Thai was as good as at his all-time favorite restaurant (of college days.) Pleasing decor and good service; if you stop here, you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I had the $7.95 lunch special: choice of salad or soup and a main course.

It was too hot a day for soup – even though Mee Thai has A/C and the interior was nice and comfortable – so I had the salad. As I usually do when it’s on the menu, I chose the Thai sweet & sour chicken as main course (asking them to hold the cucumber). I washed it all down with a Bud Light ($3.50).

I’m not a fan of salad, but this one was quite good with the peanut-sauce dressing. The sweet and sour chicken, which came with rice, was excellent.

One wall is exposed brick and the others are tan-painted. They have some small Thai statuettes here and there along the walls, and an aluminum air shaft running along the blue ceiling. There is adequate space between the tables.

I liked this place: the food was great and the lunch special was a very good deal.

They could improve the atmosphere, however, if they played commercial-free music instead of the pop radio station they were piping in. (Maybe they only use the radio station for lunch, when they're not so busy - I don't know.) They also had a TV on - albeit with the sound turned off - and I’m not a fan of televisions in restaurants.

2  Thank JamieNYC