Lowest prices for your stay
US$148
Agoda.comUS$148
Expedia.comUS$148
Lol.travelUS$159
1,179 results
All reviews smith street chalkboard wall urban suite cobble hill bagels downtown brooklyn continental breakfast new york boiled eggs parking garage great area front desk staff restaurants and shops quiet room love this hotel few blocks definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2020 via mobile

Booked this property last week via HotelTonight (March 2020). Front desk staff is amazing. Check in/out-seamless. Even though everything is shut down due to the current state of events, staff ensured every guest remained safe and comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Gary DeSoiza, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2020

Sorry for the late response to your review
NU Hotel has remained open during NYC most challenging days of the Covid 19 pandemic.
We continue to focus upon our disinfection and cleaning protocols to provide our guests with the best possible environment to rest and enjoy Brooklyn Safely.
We're very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and I hope that you stay with us again in the near furture.

Reviewed 16 March 2020

NU to me but won’t be any more as I will be staying here again for sure
Location : Great
Room : Great
Noise level :No noise from inside or outside
Breakfast : Very good
Bright clean modern quiet just what one needs
Good size room

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gary DeSoiza, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

Thanks for the 5 star review MQuigl212523!
We're very pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again.
Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 11 March 2020

I routinely stay at this cozy very convenient well located hotel prior to sailing to England on the Queen Mary 2.

You cannot help but notice that this is a very pet friendly hotel given the warm greeting the pets and their owners receive at the front desk.

I am bringing this up because if you are taking pets on the Queen Mary 2 on a voyage to England this is the perfect hotel for a pre-crossing stay. I note that pets are only allowed on the QM2 for the transatlantic crossings. The demand is so high on this liner that kennel space was expanded during a refit three years ago. Pets are well taken care of by a well trained staff and owners are allowed regular access to their pets. Owners and pets love the Queen Mary! Consult Cunard Line for details. And pets seeem to love the Nu Hotel!!

To the hotel itself. My last stay was January 2, 2020. I fequent this hotel becuase of the wonderful staff from the gracious general manger Gary DeSoiza on down the chain. The staff is so friendly and professional and always willing to help. On this visit I was impressed again with Solomon, Julie, Angelique, Johnny and Alfred. I was also impressed with Alex who manages the lobby breakfast service.

The room is very comfortable although I do wish the beds were higher off the floor. It can be a bit trying for an older person to get out of the bed. I REALLY do wish the owners would address this long standing issue. When I arrived the condition of the room was excellent which speaks to the dedication of the hard working room housekeeping staff.

I also stay at this hotel because it it NOT a big convention/wedding venue with thousands of people hanging around and ten weddding receptions taking place. It is a comfortable human friendly hotel.

The hotel is also convenient to many cafes, markets and restaurants. I felt very safe. It is also only about a 15-20 minute ride to the pier in Red Hook.

This hotel is highly recommended. Have fun.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Patliner

Thank you Patrick!
We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and helping us to gain exposure to QM2 passengers.
NU is an absolutely perfect hotel for transatlantic voyages docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Given that both of us (QM2 and NU Hotel) are pet friendly, we're a logical choice.
Special thanks to you for the staff/team mentions. I will make sure that everybody sees this review.
I will follow up on the platform bed height issue.
We'll look forward to your return

Reviewed 9 March 2020

Heads up, parking is not included. Otherwise very nice, hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The subway was close, safe neighborhood, there's a Metro buffett across the street. I would definitely recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank aestra468552

Thanks for your review aestra468552!
We're very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, finding subway access and our neighborhood to be convenient.
NU Hotel does have a parking package on our website for future stays.
You can always contact me directly and I'll make sure that you receive the benefit of a discount.

Reviewed 8 March 2020

closet sized room; hotel above bail bondsman. we left without staying and went to manhattan instead. seemed clean but we did not want to stay long enough to find out. there are better places to stay in the area

Date of stay: March 2020
Gary DeSoiza, General Manager at NU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Dear Peter,
I'm sorry that you did not care for your guest room at NU Hotel. Our Queen bedded rooms are fairly typical in size to an average entry level room category and upon request our team would have most likely satisfied you with an upgrade (larger room). We have several room types to choose from.
Guests comment that our guestrooms are larger than expected; especially due to our high ceilings. In any case, we respect your decision to leave and we're hopeful that you found satisfactory accommodations elsewhere.
In reference to the neighboring bail bonds office, NU Hotel is within walking distance to Brooklyn's Municipal center. So a necessary business like this should always be expected within a "downtown" district. Boerum and Cobble Hill (our neighborhoods) are considered to be among the safest in Brooklyn.