All reviewswater towerbalconies offercorrect roomdark colorssuper stylishcourteous mannerlobby bar isreclaimed woodcomfy bed and pillowsterrace roombeautiful view of the citywhite noise machineeast riverinteresting shops and restaurantsrooftop poolcool vibel train
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a queen size bed room. The room was quite small. I liked the wide windows that let lots of light into the room. Bathroom design is very pretty. They have a bed pillow program, but I called twice and pillows were never delivered. Elevators are very slow.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Brooke R, Public Relations Manager at The Williamsburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us at The Williamsburg Hotel! We're glad you appreciate our detail of design as the bathrooms are our favorite part of the room as well! We apologize that you were never assisted or received your pillow of choice. We will speak to the staff and expect each and every member of our team to follow up with guest concerns as soon as possible. We hope you visit us again soon and have a better experience!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We stayed here for two nights in the middle of May and we loved simply everything about this hotel. We booked a King room with balcony which was really great choice with beautiful view. The room was beautiful, with big comfy bed, beautiful and stylish bathroom. I loved the special attention to details and selection of minibar items, especially hangover kit and safe fun box - it is so great idea because it might happen to you very easily that you need some of this stuff during your holiday, haha :) We had a late breakfast in the restaurant and it was delicious. We also rented a bike for afternoon and it was just perfect way how to explore beauty of Williamsburg. I also highly appreciate that staff was willing to keep our suitcases in their storage room for free during our 5 days stay in Miami. The only thing I was missing a bit were a slippers but this is just a minor thing.
To sum it up - it was absolutely great stay and I hope to visit your lovely hotel again soon.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Brooke R, Public Relations Manager at The Williamsburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We carefully select all of our minibar items and want to make sure all of our guests are satisfied and can find something that makes them smile. The hangover kit and safe fun box are definitely our favorites :) We are adding some summer items to all of our restaurant menus so hopefully next time you come back, you will be able to try them and as a token of our appreciation, a pair of slippers will be waiting for you to take home! See you soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed one week mid of April in the Williamsburg Hotel. We booked the suite and got the room on the 7th floor. When we checked in and entered the room we were just overwhelmed - there is an incredible view on East River and Manhattan - just phantastic!!
The hotel is super cool - even not anything is absolutely perfect (e.g. some dishes on the breakfast menu were not available the full week) - but so what ... the staff was very friendly and the whole interior and atmosphere of the hotel is great.

We found it very relaxing to stay outside Manhattan - the surrounding is very trendy with a lot of nice restaurants just in foot distance. The subway station to Manhattan is a 10 Minute walk - and also the ferry terminal is just few minutes away. It’s just gorgeous to take the ferry to Manhattan in the morning...
We were there with our friends who booked the standard room. Also these ones looked nice with a balcony and a nice view of Manhattan.

Even almost 3 month after our stay I think back and remember the incredible view from our suite - when we come back to New York City The Williamsburg Hotel will definitively be again our home base to explore the ‚Big Apple‘.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed sleeping with a local and staying with us in Brooklyn! The Skyline Suite is our favorite type of room as well, especially the bathroom and of course those views! Many guests are nervous to take the ferry across the river, but it really is the best way to commute. Williamsburg truly has so much to offer and we love that you were able to experience it. We hope you come back and visit with us soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I switched to The Williamsburg Hotel, after reading a positive review of it on goop.com. First I will start with the plus side:
We had lunch, drinks and breakfast in the restaurant and hotel bar. The food and drinks were outstanding, and the service provided by Genty and Grant were superb.

Now, the negatives: at check-in we were assured that we had a quiet room with a view. One view was of the construction site across the street, but if you went out on your balcony there was a nice view of the city. As other reviewers have stated, for the price the rooms and bathrooms are extremely small with very little room to maneuver around the bed. The shower did not have the correct connection for it to function properly, and there was no shelf to put soap or toiletries on. The sink had very little room for even a makeup bag. When we arrived my husband discovered that the toilet seat was coming off, so we informed the front desk and they fixed it while we had lunch. Why the cleaning staff did not notice this is intriguing. After lunch, we discovered that the air conditioning was not working, and there was an error message on the display which we could not cancel. Another call downstairs, a maintenance man came right away with his ladder and fixed it. We returned that evening to yet another error message, but due to the late hour we gave up and sweated out the night. As stated above, breakfast was wonderful. I had a UPS package which I needed to send, but they told me I would have to call and schedule the pickup. At the end, Aneta at the front desk apologized for the difficulties, and gave me a card with contact information in case we came back-they might be able to offer an upgrade. I really wanted to love this hotel, but I am afraid they need some time to work out their problems.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank minette33

Than you for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your restaurant & lobby bar and were able to try items off of both our breakfast and lunch menu! We are disappointed to hear about the rest of your experience. All of the incidents that you listed do not meet our expectations and we are looking further into these matters. I would love to invite you back to stay with us! Please email me at brooker@thewilliamsburghotel.com to arrange your next stay so we can make it up to you. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I think they have a lot of learning to do or kinks to work out. The staff when I stayed could have surely used a course on customer service...or even simply just smiling. My fiance and I had our hands full and were walking towards the door and the bellman just sat there with a blank look - Perhaps I was expecting him to help with our bags or at minimum open the door for us??

Check-in staff also felt too cool to smile. I get it, it's Williamsburg, but you work in hospitality.

Our room while super cute was tiny - it definitely worked for 1 night but couldn't imagine my fiance and I being cramped in there for longer. It's not cheap either - but again this is NYC. We are locals and were looking for a staycation.

The sliding door in our room didn't lock - we tried and tried but couldn't get it to work. We did have a small balcony which was nice.

We stayed in the winter and the hotel was pretty empty. For how empty they were, I'm surprised we didn't get any sort of upgrade. There's that whole pleasing the guest part of hospitality that they haven't nailed yet. Don't just build a cool-looking hotel in a hip neighborhood and think that's all you need to do.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valentina D
Brooke R, Public Relations Manager at The Williamsburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to Sleep with a Local! On behalf of the team, I want to sincerely apologize for your experience specifically with our staff. Under no circumstances, should staff not greet you with a smile and be attentive. With that said, we would like to make it up to you! Please email our assistant general manager at julitak@thewilliamsburghotel.com. We hope to see you again soon and I apologize once again! We hope your next experience with us is much more satisfactory!