All reviews brooklyn bridge statue of liberty filtered water rooftop bar room ipad recycled materials eco friendly hotel skyline suite reclaimed wood in room dining lower manhattan beautiful hotel avocado toast new york room service yoga mat floor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 17 July 2018

There are a couple of elements when it comes to luxury hotels - when the porters have a a radio in their ear and the scent when entering the hotel. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is the epitome of luxury. The eco-friendly property has finishes of wood and texture that you are immediately calmer when walking in from the concrete jungle. The lobby is filled with plants and is a friendly environment where you are invited to work, have a coffee or relax by reading a book. The design is chic and elegant but never forgetting the ethos of the hotel to be environmentally conscience. The suites are massive rivalling any apartment in Manhattan. Besides, who would want to stay in a match box in the city. Brooklyn is where it's at! I was fortunate to occupy a Skyline Suite equipped with a fully stocked mini bar, 2 55" TVs, a luxurious gown, and plants all over the room. Did I mention that there is an iPad mini that controls the temperature and lighting of the room? And when you wake up, you can treat yourself to a Nespresso in your own suite, while lounging in your hammock overlooking the city. What is nice about theses suites is that if you also take the suite next to it, you have a section for just those rooms. Keeping with the eco friendly theme, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge provides an outlet for filtered water in your room.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hans S, General Manager at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Thulane,

Thank you for your excellent review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. We are happy to learn that you loved our signature scent. The ‘Kindling,' scent of 1 Hotels and our bath products are available for our guest to purchase at Neighbors Café to bring a part of 1 back home. Our filtered water system reduces the consumption use of plastic bottles which helps to reduce the amount of plastic in our oceans and landfills. We are pleased to learn that you relished our eco-friendly aspects in our design and the unique features in our Skyline 1 Bedroom Suite such as the cozy hammock where you can lounge and enjoy the views. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday weekend and i loved it! The decor, the service. The ambience, the chill vibe...and the pool!!! We visit the restaurant and service was fabulous. Upon check the front desk agents were very helpful and the men getting your car. Hats off to the great staff that made it possible!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Idell N,

Thank you for your review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. We are happy to know that you had enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel during your stay. We appreciate you mentioning the personalized and friendly service you had received from all of our team members including the front desk agents and valet. Each detail intended to bring the outdoors inside creating a unique, natural environment. We look forward to providing you the same level of service and unique experiences on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Loved it!
Great room, in a great hotel, in a great location.
This is my new favourite New York hotel. Not having been to Brooklyn before, the location was a real revelation to me, as it is a busy, buzzy and exciting place to stay that is so easy to get into central Manhattan either by ferry or subway.
I will be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Roger G,

Thank you for your wonderful review of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. We are delighted that you enjoyed our environmentally conscious concept in our design, overall ambiance throughout the hotel, and our convenient DUMBO location. Such a short distance from the city but yet relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you to our newest property that will be opening up in Cabo, Mexico Sanya , China, West Hollywood, CA and Silicon Valley, CA next!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My husband, son (2y) and I stayed here for a "staycation" for two nights over 4th of July in a bridge suite. For a supposed 4-star luxury hotel, the room, pool and service were SO DISAPPOINTING. On the 4th we ordered room service for my son for dinner at 6:30, which was supposed to arrive by 7:00. It arrived at 9:00. That's right, 9:00PM. And only after multiple calls initaited by me, lies from various people who had no idea what they were talking about, and a conversation with a highly unpleasant and patronizing manager named Mikey who was like talking to a robot with a thesaurus (I could spend this whole review on that conversation alone but it was too brutal to recount in detail). And the food wasn't even GOOD. Perhaps the biggest disappointment was the pool scene - every chair is taken by 9:01am, 100 drunk millenials taking selfies. I watched family after family walk into the scene with the same deep disappointment (it was so bad that even those drunk millenials were commiserating with us). Service overall can best be described as slow, lazy, aloof and clueless. Next time I'll stick with a REAL luxury hotel where the service matches the price. Oh, and to top it all of, my husband got an auto-generated email from the manager asking for feedback about our stay, which he replied to with a summary of the above. As expected, no response.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MCF11511
Hans S, General Manager at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear MCF11511,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent staycation with us at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. Allow us to extend our sincerest apologies for the disappointing experience you had with our service, and for the manner, in which it was handled. Please rest assured that I will follow up with the Leadership Team and will look at how we can ensure a more flawless experience moving forward. We will certainly note the experience you had with our in room dining and rooftop to make sure we are staffed appropriately. I have reached out to you through a private message with my contact information in order for us to make amends. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Went to the rooftop of 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge and although the view is nice it’s nothing more than an overpriced tourist trap. For starters there is a $20 per person cover to get up there, which might not have been so bad, but then tack on a 5% administration fee on your total order in addition to the 18% gratuity on top of already overpriced food it’s just ridiculous. Just skip it.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple