Lowest prices for your stay
US$117
SAVE US$26
PricelineUS$117
Hurb
Trip.comUS$123
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat front desk great gym hotel gym the holiday inn barclays center new york room was spotless easy access definitely stay here again subway stop wellness sidney kale resistance lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2021

Worst hotel experience ever. Regretfully, we booked the hotel through our credit card points, and couldn't share this experience on Expedia. Looking back, I can't help but cynically wonder whether that's part of the reason why we were given this frustrating treatment in the first place.
We live in another part of the town, and only booked one night in this hotel because I need to get to an early-hour exam nearby. It was important to plan ahead for the morning, so we called the hotel a couple of hours before we checked in to see whether they still provide breakfast, given the current COVID-19 situation. We used the phone number provided on the hotel website (718-552-3800), and was unequivocally assured by the lady on the phone that yes, there was breakfast. We were also told details about it, including that eggs, toast, and bacon will be provided, and that due to safety concerns it'd be offered on a grab-and-go basis. Upon checking in in the afternoon, we again confirmed with the front desk "whether breakfast starts at 6am", and was again told "yes". Imagine our frustration, then when we showed up early next morning, only to be told that there never was any breakfast, that there hasn't been for months, and that they could think of no reason why it was ever promised to us, or by whom. It was extremely upsetting since many delis are already closed during this pandemic, and the nonchalant attitude of the lady at the front desk didn't help.
There are other concerns, too. Dark red stains on the comforter just under the bed cover, which looks pretty old. Given the COVID concerns, we asked whether it might be possible to look for a room not recently occupied by other guests immediately before, and was given a flat no. Then when asking whether it's possible to do a late check-out post 11 am, we were told that any stay past noon time results in a $100 fee, which is a ridiculous amount—higher than the price for a single night at the moment.
I imagine it must be hard for hotel folks in this economic environment, and I'm not the type to usually rant so long about my experience. But so much of our frustration from this trip was so unnecessary and could've been so easily avoided with a little bit of competent management. I would advise anyone I know who travel to this neighborhood to stay clear of this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2021
Sue Kyaw, Owner at Even Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Getaway14644492917,

Thank you for choosing Even Hotel Brooklyn on your recent visit to New York City. We are sorry to learn we fell short in some areas that need immediate correction.

Please email us directly at EVENBrooklyn-FrontOffice@ihg.com so that we can better address the issues you reported and the concerns you raised. We are thankful to get the opportunity to improve our services and deliver more consistently going forward. We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 January 2021

This was my first time staying with the Even Hotel. The greeting of the staff members were amazing. I would like to give a shoutout to David who worked the night shift on my birthday and checked me into my room. David energy was very genuine and welcoming. The check- in process was great. The hotel has great protocols in regards to the CDC guidelines for COVID.

My King size room was amazing as I walked into the room the light were green. Green is my favorite color with a welcome note, bottles of water and some goodies in a bag. The room was sparkling clean. The bed OMG it’s sooooo comfortable and the pillows I was in heaven I didn’t even want to check out of the hotel ahhahaha. Sue is a superstar thank you for my lovely note!!!!

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. I am I chose this hotel for my birthday. Thank you to all the staff members at the Even Hotel and all that you do for your guests. Keep it up!!!!! You will definitely be seeing me again.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello Stratj15,

We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn and appreciate your feedback. A very happy birthday to you!

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review!

Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed for just one night for a family visit. COVID precautions were in place and hotel is very clean. We requested a room away from other guests and were easily accommodated on a higher floor.

Having stayed before, we looked forward to the room amenities and everything was clean and in good condition. The room is very quiet and bedding is top notch.

We especially want to thank the hospitality team of Areanna, Michael, Sue and Charisse who were welcoming, accommodating and very professional.

They made a Pandemic visit very comfortable for us.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sue Kyaw, Owner at Even Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

Hello dbrown46,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was truly a pleasure being your host and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly when you are back in the Brooklyn area!

Reviewed 16 October 2020

This trip was so last minute and i needed something for the same night. They helped fast and got us up to our room even as late as it was. Although the room is compact with how clean it is kept you don’t even notice. Sangay cleaned our room and did a BEAUTIFUL JOB ! She checked on us in the hallway and we came back to a spotless room. Over all it was a nice experience.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello 65leelj,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. Sangay and the EVEN Team said hello and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

Wife and I stayed at the Even Hotel because it was nearest to the Barclays Center. We easily walked there within 5-7 mins to see the Celine Dion concert. Hotel staff were very friendly, rooms were medium size but clean and comfortable. The aesthetics of the hotel and rooms were nice simple, clean with nice open spaces for guests. They have a nice gym and even have some light equipment in the hotel rooms too. Beds and pillows were extremely comfy. Valet parking was $60 bucks which wasn’t a huge headache because we only stayed one night - plus we didn’t have to go looking for parking.

If you’re going to stay longer than you’ll need to find another solution or it’s going to cost a bundle. The one drawback for us was although they have a bar, they don’t sell cocktails. Only wine, tea and other non-alcoholic drinks. Bartender was nice and told us that they couldn’t sell because of the Hindu Temple adjacent to the hotel.

We decided to walk across the street into the Holiday Inn’s restaurant plus full bar. The welcomed us and we throughly enjoyed the cocktails and appetizers. We definitely would recommend the Even hotel however if you want to enjoy a cocktail, well you’ll have cross the street.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank will3020
JPC789, Director of Operations at Even Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Hello will3020,

We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn. Thank you for highlighting our well-appointed accommodations, first rate fitness studios and friendly customer service. We apologize for not being able to offer you cocktails but look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Brooklyn.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review!

Best Regards,