All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat ping pong table infused water front desk outdoor courtyard healthy snacks new concept great gym cork floors hotel chain new york amazing hotel heart of downtown bath products barclays center room was spotless
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I'm not disappointed by my stay at the EVEN Hotel, but there are small things that could improve the overall experience.

The gym is excellent, but its only excellent when compared to other New York hotels. I have used far better fitness facilities in many other hotels. I guess the in-room fitness equipment may be liked and used by some, but it felt a bit gimmicky to me.

The lobby was modern, clean and a relaxing place to wait. The restaurant, bar and courtyard all up to standard and had a good range of food and drink options.

Hit and miss however, were the rooms and staff. I was given one of the larger rooms on the 10th floor, overlooking the courtyard. There was no noise, and the room was very clean (and cleaned daily, to a good standard). However, for a new hotel the rooms were very dated. The bathroom needed an update and the flooring felt dirty (it was a hard floor, rather than carpet). The blackout blinds in my room did not lower, and although staff responded well by investigating the problem, they themselves had to break them in order to block out the light. The result: I couldn't raise one of them during the day.

Lots of reviews about rude staff. At check in, and when I had an issue with the blinds, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Friendly, courteous and polite (5 stars!). However, on check out the receptionist was rude and unhelpful. My bill on check out contained a receipt for two coffees I didn't consume (or, indeed, sign for). However, the receptionist insisted I must have had them, and use one of the self-serve kiosks to make the purchase. The fact I had never even heard of the self-serve kiosks didn't seem to make a difference. Easily resolved - I had to contact IHG on my return - but still, he was rude and it was not appropriate.

So, hit and miss. For this price point there are better hotels in the Williamsburg area. The fitness facilities are excellent, but other hotels provide similar facilities and more to boot.

Room Tip: High floor, overlooking courtyard. Not all rooms in the same category are the same size, so ask for the largest available.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan W
Joseph C, Director of Operations at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hello Ryan W,

Thank you for choosing Even Hotel Brooklyn on your recent visit to New York City. We are thankful for your detailed review and will use your feedback to improve our product and the services we provide.

We hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The room is super ugly and small and extremely old with a disgusting carpet and bathroom. It doesn’t really have a wardrobe and no possibility to hang long dresses for example. Also the bed hadn’t been cleaned once even tho the blanket is dirty. And from the beginning the pillows smelled used. But by far the worst part is the unfriendly staff at the reception desk! I am warning everyone to not stay here! Luckily I can leave tomorrow, had some awful days. I didn’t eat at this hotel because this place is so terrible that I didn’t want to try the food. NEVER EVER AGAIN

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TouristJen

Hello TouristJen,

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience during your recent visit. We apologize for any inconvenience and will look into the issues you reported. In order for us to do so, please reach out to me directly at Joseph.Casas1@ihg.com so that I can look into your reservation details further.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

First stay at Even Brooklyn.Been to other Even Hotels locations in NY before and always had good time.
Came for concert at nearby Arena,10 min walk.Very convenient.
5 min walk to several train lines.
Easy check in & out.Small bar & snack area near lobby .
Confortable bed & exercise equipment in room to keep you fit during your break.
Sangay kept our room neat at all times.Always friendly & asking if We needed anything.Thanks ,Sangay.
In all easy gateway to explore Brooklyn & Manhattan. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Hello KIDSMD,

We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed multiple visits to the Even Hotels in New York City! We appreciate your recent visit to Even Hotel Brooklyn and we are happy to hear you found our location ideal to attend your concert event.

Thank you for highlighting our well-appointed rooms, excellent food at Cork & Kale and the exceptional service from Sangay. She is a true hospitality superstar and we are fortunate to have her on the Even Hotel Brooklyn Team.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

What a great little hotel. Part of the IHG Brand. So I got my points!
Great room. Very comfortable bed and pillows!!! Exercise gear in the rooms plus a great gym!
Had a very good breakfast too.
Very friendly staff.
I’d stay here again.
Give it a shot.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Hello Mark G,

We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at Even Hotel Brooklyn! We appreciate you sharing your review and highlighting our great rooms and friendly service.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My wife and I enjoyed our 2 night weekend stay. We stayed in the Terrace room which is on the top floor and has a nice sized outdoor terrace with table and chairs which was quite nice for sitting and enjoying the good weather. The room was also a good size. We enjoyed having the exercise equipment including a lifecycle in the room and we did use the mat for stretching every day. Because floor space is left for exercising the room layout is a bit odd with one high type desk chair sitting and one small couch-like chair that barely fit two people so the room itself is not as comfortable to hang out in for prolonged periods as many other hotel rooms. That said the open space enticed us get up and do stretching & exercise while we were there. The front desk staff, especially Sidney, were quite pleasant and very helpful with the few minor issues we had. We like the location close to several subway stops and within walking distance quite a few things to do and nice restaurants. We would certainly stay here again if we were in this part of Brooklyn.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Joseph C, Director of Operations at EVEN Hotel Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Hello Bondsammax,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review of Even Hotel Brooklyn and particularly highlighting the wonderful features of your room. We are pleased to hear our very own Sidney provided you with memorable customer service and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!