Review Highlights
Chance to play golf in Alaska

my friend and I both from Pennsylvania both wanted to play golf on our last full day in Alaska on a... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2016

from US$129.00
from US$105.00
from US$95.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Went here with a friend expecting something special. While our salads were acceptable, the bacon wrapped scallops were waaaaay overcooked and the beef tips were chewy and a very small portion. We asked for a little more bread to soak up sauce and were charged. The service was polite, however, the waitress appeared to have too many tables and did not check to see if we needed more water etc.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank NorthernLights60826
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I had dinner at the Double Eagle last night for my husband's birthday. It was a beautiful day and we decided to sit outside on their deck overlooking a great view of the golf course. Both my husband and I had steaks that were perfectly cooked and tasty. They also have a diverse selection of good beers and wines that can meet anyone's likes. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable and aim to please. If you haven't been to the Double Eagle yet, you are missing out!

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank akmom907
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My wife and I visited the Double Eagle Restaurant last night. The restaurant was so cold inside folks were having to wear jackets to stay warm. The food was overpriced and sloppily prepared. It is rather unfortunate because there was a real opportunity here to create a different dining experience for Fairbanksians but the efforts flopped around like a live fish on the carpet. "Lavelle's light," same expensive prices but poorly prepped/prepared food for those Lavelle's prices. Beer selection was vaguely redeeming but I would not recommend the highly priced food whatsoever.

Date of experience: January 2013
5  Thank DiegoCuesta
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I visited this course at the behest of a good friend of mine and was shocked. Apparently the restaurant has been re-done and has just opened. I was surprised by the fresh modern look inside the "Double Eagle" restaurant. Their menu was simple yet broad and appealing. The deck was sunny and delightful. The waitstaff were all helpful and extremely friendly. This is a big two thumbs up.

Date of experience: May 2012
2  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Sports bar atmosphere with Ritz prices. Food mediocre, service mediocre and atmosphere - not cozy or inviting. I will never go back.

3  Thank magpiez2