“"Family Owned" makes a difference”

Best Western Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“"Family Owned" makes a difference”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed at this wonderful hotel because I was travelling with my little dog and choices are limited. What a pleasant surprise I had at this beautiful Best Western. The bedding was on a par with Hampton Inns where I usually stay but is not pet friendly. The 5-acre dog walk comes complete with a little baggie dispenser. The people at the front desk were wonderful and accomodating. The soaps and shampoos were Hampton Inn quality as were the towels. All for $70. What a pleasure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New York, NY
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great hotel right off of I-95. Wow - was I surprised! I travel with my dog and, usually, my options are so limited that I end up with smelly, poorly kept rooms, but this one was amazingly clean, very comfortable and up-tp-date. No weird smells, a comfy bed, great, hot shower and a cold fridge. They even had a new model, easy to disinfect remote control for the TV. I had a quiet room on the 2nd floor in front of the pool. It was a little further from the car than one near the parking lot, but it made for a very quiet, restful night. And the service staff was amazing, from the very kind man at reception through to the pleasant woman who thoroughly serviced the breakfast area. Definitely plan on having their complimentary breakfast! It was well done, hot, and complete with scrambled eggs and omelets, bacon, waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee and juice. I can't say enough how happy I was to find this hotel on a rainy, heavy traffic evening, as I traveled from NY to FL for the Christmas holiday.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms by the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Rising Sun, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My spouse & I stayed here midway between our home & destination both ways. Stayed on lower level both times facing the road. GPS gave accurate, direct directions. Many places to eat in the area within walking distance. Lobby had a computer to use as well as wireless connection in your room.
POSITIVES:
- Room space is generous
- Decor (wallpaper borders & art) is lovely
- 'San-i-Remote' for the TV
- Juice & Coffee served 24/7 in the lobby as well as any leftover pasteries from the morning
- In Bath - Curved shower curtain gives a little more elbow room
- In Bath - Large soaps (thank you)
- Breakfast starts at 6 am - abundant selection to choose (hot or cold)
- Price - < $80 including all taxes (RSVP'd weeks ahead)
- Rewards Program - points never expire (unlike all the ones we earned from Choice)
- Check In & Out - very quick & professional (Victor has found his calling in the hospitality industry)

NEGATIVES:
- Noisey - road traffic can be heard in the rooms we stayed both times, so ask for a room on the back side if you can't sleep through that. Can also hear neighbors tv set on. As well as a basketball player above practicing his dribbling...
- If 6' or taller - you will have to duck under the shower curtain bar getting in and out of the tub or you'll hit your head
- Parking - arrived late, so we were unable to park near our room door (and the first time in the rain), but there is plenty of parking on site.

All in all it was adequate for what we needed and a great value. We'd probably go back if ever in the area again.

Room Tip: Quieter on the back side not facing street and possibly upper floors too.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I bid for this because I was driving alone for the holidays and didn't want to spend much money. I didn't, and it is just a place to rest your head. It is an old motel with lots of dogs because it is pet friendly. I would call it 2 star.

Pro- if you have animals, and 1 min off 95 with lots of dining options walkable. If you are an exhausted traveler, it will fit your bill.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank teachersms
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stopped here over night on our way to the beach. We had an infant and the rooms were spaceous enough to fit a pack and play without a problem. Rooms were clean and well kept. The breakfast was tiny and little seating for eating, however, we simply took some granola bars and went on our way. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. So ask for a ground level room if you have difficulty with stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
47084, Manager at Best Western Fredericksburg, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
thank you so much for staying at our hotel, im sorry that you didnt find room in our breakfast area, ( we have seating for 26 ) we have extended hours to help with that. I truly wish you could have enjoyed our waffles, fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, cantelope, sausage biscuits, omletes, etc, hopefully you will get to on a return trip! hope to see you again!