“Not an Absolute Horror Story”

Super 8 Fredericksburg
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Norfolk, VA
“Not an Absolute Horror Story”
Reviewed 10 August 2006

Yet another choice made through the roadside coupon guides, only this one went awry. I can't match the horror stories of the other posters, but this stay was highlighted by thin walls and the loud engines that were heard through them, loose fixtures and the wires they exposed, and random fluctuations in the shower temperature and the bump on my elbow from the resulting jump/slip.

All wasn't imperfect. I had clean sheets and the proper supply of toiletries. Climate control was working properly and quietly. The staff was friendly and fast, as I spent less than five minutes total checking in and out.

There was enough wrong here that I'm going to stick with other places in this town that I've had better luck with.

• Disliked — property in poor condition
  • Tips/Secrets — 32 other properties in this town per Trip Advisor
  • Stayed February 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank MikeBHR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2005

I was forced to stay at the Filthiest motel I have ever been in
in my life. We checked into Super 8 on Warrenton Rd North side of city
late on Thursday the 20th of Jan on our way to Florida. This motel was advertized in lodging book at boarder. We went to room after we checked in put in bags turned on lights and locked the door. When we saw how dirty the room was and no toilet paper, no kleenex, no water glasses we grabbed our bags to leave and get our money back. Guess what door lock was jammed and we couldnt get out. We'll call the office and someone will come and get us out right. No wrong, phone was hooked up to wall but no dial tone. Great it is midnight and we cant get out of our room and the phone doesnt work. We banged on walls, ceiling, and door for a hour or more. No good, no one heard us. The beds looked so dirty we wouldnt sleep under the covers so we slept on top of bed with our clothes on. 6am we started banging on walls, ceiling, and doors again. By 10 I am in a panic and someone finially hears us. He gets the manager or owner( he wouldnt say what he was) he broke the door frame with a crow bar and got us out. When I asked for his card and our money back he had enough nerve to say we should have got our money back the night before right after we decided the room wasnt good enough. I guess he forgot we where locked in all night. The whole point to this note is to let someone know that we, as many other seniors depend on the books at the boarder to send us in the right direction. Someone needs to check these people out now and then so these things dont happen again. My husband is in heart failure and is no longer able to do much, of course this could have caused him health problems but worst than that if there was a fire we would be dead now. I do hope that someone looks into this problems and doesnt just shove it under the rug. Thank You Bettylou Laing

Just a update to my complaint about Super 8 in Fredrickburgh VA
They had the nerve to send me a money order for 6.00 for a 20% refund on that awful room we stayed in. Of course that didn't help the being locked in the room all night and the trama I went thru. They never even mentioned that part of the problem.

12 Thank blaing63
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2004

My wife and I stayed here a year ago because of a low rate...well thats all we got. Property was not kept up. Trash laying all over grounds. A resturant is next door with loud trucks going in and out and was very loud. Front Desk could of cared less about our complaints. Room was not clean at all and it had a terrible smell. Alot of people hanging around the motel drinking and being very loud with there langage. We requested our money back and went elsewhere for a great night. Looks like it is a old property.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member