“Très Francais in Brookline.”
Review of La Voile Brookline

La Voile Brookline
Reserve with OpenTable
La Voile Brookline is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 214 Restaurants in Brookline
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Five of us friends enjoyed a pleasant dinner here on recent weekend. Two of us had visited the sister La Voile on Newbury Street, which has a somewhat more romantic atmosphere, but I think the food and service was better at this branch. We were given a discreet round table in a corner which made for good conversation.The food was uniformly delicious, though the portion were smallish I found the snapper, foie gras, and beet salad very well executed. Good wine list. We ate and talked for 2 hours without feeling rushed, though the place was full and lively. We did learn the kitchen closes at 9 pm, so be aware if you are a late bird.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

My family held a 90th birthday lunch at La Voile Brookline on January 20, 2018. There were 12 people in our party. This restaurant is located at Beacon and Washington Streets with metered parking available on the street. This is a French restaurant with a diversity of French appetizers, entrees, and desserts at above average prices. My wife and I ordered the ham and cheese crepe with a fried egg and salad. Since there were 12 people in our party the service was not exceptionally fast, but it was more than adequate. My wife and I found our food to be very tasty, but there was not enough to satisfy our appetite. In particular, the salad portion could have been bigger. Bread was served with our food, and it was very crispy, which is to my liking. The crepe and salad cost $26, which is above average considering the portion given. Other people in our party also enjoyed their food, but their portions were larger. In summary, I recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to pay above average prices.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

La Voile was quite impressive. We dined with friends, and from the start were made to feel welcome. Service was attentive, menu had many excellent (and delicious) choices, with a wine list to match. I was very happy to find a new place to add to my list of local favorites.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

This is my 3rd time in this restaurant. I really didn't like this last time. It shouldn't be called a French restaurant any longer. All the characteristics of a french restaurant we missing.
The bread ... stale. Warm(ed) but stale.
I took as an appetizer, the "foie gras". In the foie gras, there should be more foie than gras. Not in this case. They probably opened one of those boxes from Traders Joe and put a (thin) slice on my plate.
As an entree, I took the boeuf bourguignon. There was way too much meat and most of it was dry. May be it was re-heated. Not sure.
And last but not least ... the dessert. I took the profiteroles. I was expecting some "choux" filled with "crème patissiere". Instead it was some dry biscuits filled with ice cream. These are not profiteroles. May be the dessert should be renamed so the customer is not expecting the real thing.
I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully the restaurant in Boston is keeping its own!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The bread was cold and stale. The salad was anything one could make at home.
The snapper was tough and not well seasoned. The artichokes and roasted red peppers had taste. A surprise was a piece of bread with gruyere. Hardly warm and
the gruyere not from a great cheese shop. The Chard had a finish that made us think that it had gone by. The creme brulee excellent. Save your money and go elsewhere.