“My favourite place in Boston”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
Anthony's Town House
Ranked #8 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My favourite place in Boston”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Anthony's Town House is just the right kind of place for someone like me. I hate staying in a anonymous chain hotel - I like the accommodation to give me a flavour of the city I'm in. I dislike strangers treating me with false bonhomie. I like being free to come and go as I please but to have help on hand if needed. I suspect that the welcome you receive at Anthony's very much depends on how you, as a guest, behave. At Anthony's, you are a guest in someone's home, albeit a paying guest who gets their own meals. If you approach it expecting the same service you would receive at the Best Western you will be disappointed. But in that case, you should have stayed at the Best Western. I have been returning annually for 5 years and am never disappointed. The rooms are beautiful, the hosts are welcoming and helpful and the place is spotless.

Room Tip: Allow them to choose the room for you ... that's part of the fun.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Caroline186337

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2011

It's nice, clean, quiet, and easy to travel even I got back late at night. The shared bathroom is very clean. The decoration is in an old fashion but it's ok, feel like a grandma's house. Keep in mind that this place is run by a family and they don't accept credit card. You have to send a check to make a reservation and pay full amount by check/cash as you check-in.

Just one thing, I stayed there with a friend and we are 2 females. The manager sent us to the 4th floor. When I asked if there's any room on the lower floor, his response is a bit rude like "you're young, you can walk!" (in a very impolite voice). But overall the place was ok and worth the money we spent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank NamwarnP
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We had to visit the area to drop off our son who is in his 2nd year at BU. We usually stay at one of the chain hotels and collect our reward points but this time we decided to try Anthony's. Well, we totally enjoyed our first stay at Anthony's. The Victorean decor was really eye catching as we walked into the home. Our room was huge, very clean, and comfortable. The common areas within the establishment were spotless, very homey, and expertly maintained. Sharing the bathroom was not an issue or a concern. If there was someone else staying on our floor, we didn't know about it. We slept in a room facing Beacon Street and didn't hear a thing (ac on)! And across the street, everything you could possibly need, a great breakfast place, a nice market a couple doors down, and a Indoor/Outdoor Tavern just a few doors down from that. As the title of this review states...We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Perth W Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Being right on the green line metro Anthony's is well located for getting cheaply and quickly to anywhere in or around Boston. Brookline also has a couple of options for breakfast, a nice super market and several restaurants, all within walking distance. The place is clean with nice rooms. However, the owners seem to keep a low profile and although they are helpful when you ask, the welcome is less than overwhelming.

Room Tip: Just be aware that it is quite a haul up the top floor with luggage.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 29 May 2011

A really nice place, clean, really convenient, close to both the city center and Cambridge. I stayed here for three months (while at MIT) and really had a great time. Arthur and Barbara are always nice. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#13 of 83 in Boston
Hotel Commonwealth
Hotel Commonwealth
#8 of 83 in Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to Anthony's Town House? Share your experiences!