All reviews studio suite full size refrigerator free coffee stayed here newer hotel rooms are spacious an extended stay front desk top floor king bed place to stay dishwasher lending amenities pdx walmart laundry
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Fabulous stay at this Candlewood Suites! Sammy and Corrine were both marvelous! We really enjoyed our spacious, clean and nicely appointed room. This hotel is pet friendly, offers a laundry facility and nice gym. The on-site store is a perk. We do recommend Candlewood Suites!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We stayed two nights Dec. 22 and 23 . The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. In fact felt very new. We had requested a ground floor room due to traveling with a small dog and being elderly . Staff was very accomodating . I was surprised to find a small doggie area outside the closest door ! Alas it was unusable due to previous guests not cleaning up after their pets . Would hope this would encourage them to check the area daily. There was also a covered patio area with a couple of grills and seating and tables .. what a great touch. this also included cigarette disposal cannisters . Walking distance to a great variety of restaurants and stores .
The only negative was how loud the foot falls were from the room above ..assume it was a running child.
Staff were very friendly and helpful !
Will definitly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017

The very high rating for this very average hotel was what persuaded me to stay here. But now I am wondering about the veracity of the many five and four star reviews; it just doesn't add up. Just to make this as clear as possible: there is absolutely nothing noteworthy or particularly admirable about the Candlewood. In fact, it fails on one major issue: there is no--I repeat, no--cafe or restaurant on the premises. No breakfast facility, no dinner area.

And the rooms? Pretty blah, as though they were aiming for a Residence Inn level of quality and then decided that, nah - it isn't worth it. Yes, my room had a fridge and kitchen, but if you've ever stayed in a better Residence Inn (not one of the few shabby ones), you will immediately notice the lack of charm and warmth in your Candlewood room. And one safety issue needs to be mentioned: the carpet goes only so far, stopping when it meets the kitchen area, which is tile. Separating the two areas is a long plastic bumper, about an inch high. I kept tripping over it in my stocking feet. It’s a blessing that I didn’t fall flat on my face on two or three occasions. There has to be a better and safer way to separate the carpet and the tile.

Finally, the lobby lacks any sense of community, since as I mentioned, there is no cafe, where guests normally congregate and meet, and no common room with couches and chairs and a TV where guests can mingle. Quite a letdown, and I'm sorry I stayed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Vancouver-Camas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Hello Isoruku,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing us your experience during your stay. I am truly sorry to see that you were less than impressed with this stay due to the outdated condition of the room you were provided and the layout of the room was not to your liking. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. They will look into this concern you have brought up.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to have you as our guest again very soon and see the improvements made.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

So...I used to love Candlewood, but last visit in Eugene was a disaster.filthy place. This time, I take time to find the number for the actual front desk as usual..but they transfer me to some 800 number in who knows where...I hate that. I tell them I want a SEPARATE BEDROOM SUITE ON THE TOP FLOOR...I am a Gold member so hoping that helps...guy says of course...all seems fine. I get to hotel..desk clerk says, we don’t have separate rooms like the others. I look at the room and it is a king bed, next to elevator. I said nope. That won’t work. We need separate beds at the least, due to medical issues, I get up a lot...she says, nothing on top floor then. And puts us next to elevator next floor down...ugh....all night I hear people upstairs Pound walking , and starting next day at 4:30am!
I used to love Candlewood, but sadly...this is my last stay.
As I write this I would guess there are Sumo Wrestlers upstairs above me. I went and bought earplugs.....this the end of my Candlewood dedication......

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Vancouver-Camas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hello Jw550,

Thank you for choosing us and for being our IHG Rewards Club Gold member. It is unfortunate to learn about your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room assignment, the noise challenges and the level of service you received. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our reservations department and the hotel management team. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We live in East Vancouver.
This summer when the Eagle creek fire was first starting in the Gorge and the wind was bringing all the smoke and fire our direction. We needed to get out of our apartment since we don't have centralized air conditioning.
Ash was raining from the sky all over the place, the air was so smoky it was hard to breathe.
My husband works from home and we have a dog who is 13 years old. So we decided to book ourselves into this hotel since it has a/c, wi-fi and is dog friendly.
We would stay until the air quality improved enough to go back to the apartment.
My husband called to find out how early he would be able to check in and he let them know of his situation that he works from home.
They were so helpful and accommodating with the Fires going on, they understood the situation and said they had a lot of people seeking refuge in the hotel.
They allowed him to check in immediately from the moment he hung up the phone, this was about 9:45am.
They told him to "come on over".
We got a couple of small bags packed and headed over to the hotel.
This is a newer hotel, the rooms were nicely decorated and very clean.
My husband and dog were able to relax safely in the hotel during the fires whilst I went to work and luckily by the next day the wind had changed directions and we were able to check out and get back into the apartment.
The cost of this hotel was extremely reasonable and affordable. The service we received was wonderful.
They saved us in a time of need for our family and we we would definitely stay again if a situation ever comes up, and we will suggest them for any family that may come visit us.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family