“Good sushi”

Oishi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 731 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I've definitely had better sushi, but not by much. While I'm not an expert on sushi I know what I like and have found a good selection here. I've visited several times and the quality is consistently good.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Always looking for a wow and this place didn't deliver one. In the world of good, better and best. This is good. Service was attentive, probably the best aspect of our visit. Pricing was fair for what was presented.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Fairly non descript restaurant in modern mall literally right behind a good Residence Inn. Very well made sushi, excellent specialty rolls and nice, firm, fresh five different fish in well made nigiri. Wife is serious sushi fan eating same all over the world including Japan and gave the nigiri a B+ to A- rating. My bento box was definitely above average. Fair prices and good service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Pretty standard Japanese restaurant. I have always enjoyed a good Bento Box and was not too disappointed. The tempura wasn't hot and the teriyaki was a bit too sweet. The tuna roll was quite good. The server was moderately pleasant. All in all I was satisfied but not delighted.

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

The Sushi is very good. Maybe a bit expensive. Slow service on our visit. Never refilled drinks.
The staff is very friendly.