All reviews basketball court two bedroom suite full kitchen outdoor pool front desk free laundry long stay stayed for nights north side portland area sofa bed definitely stay here again beds were comfortable fire pit breakfast buffet light dinner other guests
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Easy freeway vehicle-access and 15-minute walk to eateries and to bus transportation to downtown Vancouver, with connection to Portland's MET light rail.

Hotel provides the standard full hot breakfast and the Mo-Tu-We afternoon beer-and-wine-plus-light-dinner manager reception of all Staybridge properties, all well coordinated and efficiently presented.

One drawback is there is not much foot traffic or retail activity in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, located in a quiet little industrial park sheltered from the freeway by landscaping. But for those visiting Portland by car, this hotel's competitive rates (by cash or IHG points) render it a great alternative to comparable but often higher-priced hotels right in Portland--a mere 15-minute off-peak drive away.

Check-in, check-out, and meal-service staff was friendly. My clean and spacious suite, coupled with the larger-than-usual variety of afternoon-reception snacks, made my stay enjoyable. I look forward to returning on my next car trip to this area.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Carla R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

backpackdude,

I am glad that our Staybridge Suites – Vancouver/Portland Metro was a great alternative for you to a Portland location and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are tucked away in a quiet business park area, less than a mile from the Vancouver Mall with several restaurants and a large Cinetopia movie theater.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We booked a suited with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms, it also had a kitchen, dining area and a place where you can meet each other without having to stay in a bedroom. The beds are queen beds which could have been a bit wider. The kitchen has all equipment needed (even a dishwasher).
Breakfast is basic, but included in the price
I would for sure recommend this for families, the price is the price you normally pay for a double queen room, while this one has much more space and privacy for each other. My wife would have preferred to stay here more nights that we booked...
That says is all :-)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Carla R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

erbee4,

It sounds like you really enjoyed our two bedroom suite and I wish that you could have stayed more nights too. The equipped kitchen along with the extra space and privacy makes for a very comfortable stay.

I hope we will see you again,

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Brand loyalty is something you earn. It's not simply because of a well-known name. Some companies just don't get that. It's like the time I was trying to buy a new car and called a dealership in Spokane. I laid out my expectations and what I was wanting and some of my terms and couldn't get anybody to call me back. Finally one did, but he didn't want to listen. He texted me later and asked if I was interested in a different vehicle (I wasn't), and a different price (I wasn't) and would trade my car in (I already said I wasn't). Finally, I said "no thanks." And his response was: "Why not? We're the No. 1 in the world." I'm not sure what No. 1 in the world they were, but it wasn't at using common sense. I replied to him: "I'm not loyal to you just because you're there! Why should I be?" He replied: "Again, because we're No. 1 in the world." My walk-off text was: "NOT TO ME YOU'RE NOT."

You have to actually give people a good experience and show them you care. This was my family's first stay at Staybridge and I couldn't be more pleased. Yeah, the cost was a little more than we normally pay. But the room was HUGE, the amenities were great. The pool was refreshing. The breakfast was... OK... (I think they could actually pick someone's brain about the logistics of breakfast set up and order of the layout, etc.). I like that they do a dinner on Mon-Tue-Wed, because that saved us the hassle of having to go to dinner after a long day of travel. All in all, I'm willing to try once more. And if it is as good as this stay was, then I'm moving toward brand loyalty. A third time and fourth time and I become a loyal customer. I'm loyal to a specific credit union, a specific vehicle type, a specific... you get the point. I certainly don't mind adding a hotel in there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Carla R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

ChappyPants,

I am so glad that you tried Staybridge Suites! It is wonderful that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am confident that you will enjoy your next Staybridge stay as well. I look forward to having you as a brand loyal guest in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Not far from interstate yet quiet, spacious and clean room. However, we stayed for 3 nights and housekeeping service came the morning of our second night at 9am while we were at breakfast. Really?! We were in the middle of our stay and every other hotel usually hits longer staying guests later. Therefore, we had a note that they were sorry they could not clean our room since our "we are sleeping" hang tag was on the door. Felt like they just didn't want to clean our room since they came the 15 mins we were gone. I went to a cart and got clean towels and considered it all good. Never had housekeeping in the 3 nights we were there. Breakfast was average at best. We arrived 25 mins before breakfast was to end and they were no longer offering the pre-made omelettes. Guests had to eat a hard boiled egg or a waffle. Check in was SUPER slow, although they did apologize, even though we had prepaid reservations. Check out was equally as slow, just to give our room number. Seems they only have one person working the desk and answering phones at the same time and there seems to be many calls. Room was comfortable and spacious, although bed sloped in the middle.

Room tip: We were by the stairs on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carla R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

NC5Travelers,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your quiet, spacious and clean suite. Thank you for letting me know the areas of opportunity for improvement during your stay.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The hotel is in a nice quiet location close to the Vancouver Mall. The rooms are large and clean, comfortable beds, and the breakfast/dinners are good. I stayed in this hotel May 29th and 30th in a two bedroom suite with my daughter and grand daughters. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We were eating dinner one night and my 5 year old grand daughter hit her head on the corner of the counter top. Carla was serving wine at the time but she immediately checked on my grand daughter and brought her a bag of ice for her head. When we were eating Carla then brought two balloons for the grand daughters. They went above and beyond!! Thanks Carla, we will be back!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Carla R, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Vancouver - Portland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

JoeM_AK82,

It is so nice to hear from you. I enjoyed the infectious laughter from your granddaughter’s delight at the balloons, it made my day! I should probably be thanking them for putting a smile on my face.

I look forward to seeing you all again on your next trip to Vancouver at our Staybridge Suites – Vancouver/ Portland Metro.