All reviews room was clean the breakfast area close proximity weight room front desk lady water pressure nice property would stay here again coffee maker family vacation we've stayed hot tub morning breakfast mini fridge easy access hie wsu
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My four young adult kids and I stayed here for the night during our family vacation in July. The hotel was very nice and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean but the only thing that was odd was the bed was right there when you opened the door. The bathroom was large, which I like when there are so many of us trying to claim some counter space.
I used the laundry room while we were there and they do have the newer machines that take FOREVER. There were two washers and two dryers and two of us trying to get our laundry done late at night.
The breakfast area was kept clean and tidy and stocked. Overall, it was a nice hotel! I wish we could have stayed here longer but I would definitely come back if we were in the area again!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017

CLEAN. Close to everything. QUIET. We've stayed here before. Quite a few times. This time though was different. It was very clean. Very quiet. Plus the breakfast area attendant was on top of it. Plenty of choices and they were constantly being replenished. Nice front desk staff. Glad we went back. We were surprised. Thanks HIE staff!!

Room tip: Top floor is a better choice
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

First off, the staff is wonderful. When my wife arrived they knew who she was and the 2 rooms were ready. Nice and clean. I arrived later and he asked my if I was Robert? Just nice people. The breakfast buffet - well it is Holiday Inn Express - but the people working there were kind and courteous. They weren't hovering around for the cutoff time and all of a sudden everything is gone. They have a automatic pancake machine. Every time you push the button, one pancake is going to be made and will pop out on the right side, so make sure you have a plate there (they had a stack under the end of the machine). Food was pretty good. Did I mention how nice the wait staff was there? :-) Newspapers there daily. Workout room not big, but if you can't get sweating in there with what they have, you are way too picky. Aerobic machines and dumbells. Rooms, nice and well appointed. Clean. The hotel was quiet. We stayed twice here on separate days at the front and back of the vacation. Travel time from the hotel to the Portland Airport was about 15 minutes without traffic. I would not hesitate to stay here again. We really liked this place.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We've been at this location for about 40 days due to a delay in surgery. Forty days, forty nights, with 2 more weeks to go in a 500 square foot, double queen room --and I couldn't be happier.

After a horrific experience at another hotel, we luckily landed at HIE in Salmon Creek with a fixed rate and never had to change rooms despite the hotel being sold-out for 3 of the weekends we've been here.

This hotel, under relatively new management, is pristine. The front desk staff, cleaning staff, management, and facilities have been extraordinary. Though there were no ADA rooms available for the total duration of our stay--our room was situated within 30 feet to the pool, weight room, front desk, and breakfast area.

Navigating the space on crutches both before and after the procedure was a breeze. Housekeeping would clean our room for the short 2-hour breaks where I had enough endurance to leave the hotel. We had shipments including flowers, cards, Amazon deliveries, and ADA supplies that were delivered to our room without issue. I have stayed at $400 a night resorts and not received the quality of service and care that I experienced at this hotel and from their staff.

The facilities (pool, hot tub, gym, laundry) are spacious and immaculate. The breakfast is generous, they are not rigid on ending breakfast exactly on the nose. They have been accommodating, flexible, and have lessened the anxiety of a major surgery because, at the end of the day, I was coming back to a place that I affectionately called home from June 18th to August 8th.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great place in fact it's the best holiday inn I have been to. The rooms are huge. Nice separate bedrooms Great pool and hot tub. And anyone who knows me breakfast!! Great food. Nice multiple choices for sure. I will stay here again

Date of stay: July 2017