All reviews room was clean the breakfast area close proximity weight room front desk lady water pressure nice property would stay here again coffee maker family vacation we've stayed hot tub morning breakfast mini fridge easy access hie wsu
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We've been at this location for about 40 days due to a delay in surgery. Forty days, forty nights, with 2 more weeks to go in a 500 square foot, double queen room --and I couldn't be happier.

After a horrific experience at another hotel, we luckily landed at HIE in Salmon Creek with a fixed rate and never had to change rooms despite the hotel being sold-out for 3 of the weekends we've been here.

This hotel, under relatively new management, is pristine. The front desk staff, cleaning staff, management, and facilities have been extraordinary. Though there were no ADA rooms available for the total duration of our stay--our room was situated within 30 feet to the pool, weight room, front desk, and breakfast area.

Navigating the space on crutches both before and after the procedure was a breeze. Housekeeping would clean our room for the short 2-hour breaks where I had enough endurance to leave the hotel. We had shipments including flowers, cards, Amazon deliveries, and ADA supplies that were delivered to our room without issue. I have stayed at $400 a night resorts and not received the quality of service and care that I experienced at this hotel and from their staff.

The facilities (pool, hot tub, gym, laundry) are spacious and immaculate. The breakfast is generous, they are not rigid on ending breakfast exactly on the nose. They have been accommodating, flexible, and have lessened the anxiety of a major surgery because, at the end of the day, I was coming back to a place that I affectionately called home from June 18th to August 8th.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great place in fact it's the best holiday inn I have been to. The rooms are huge. Nice separate bedrooms Great pool and hot tub. And anyone who knows me breakfast!! Great food. Nice multiple choices for sure. I will stay here again

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Very accommodating staff. Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed our stay.
Breakfast was decent-nothing out of this world. Clean area and friendly staff making sure items were stocked.
Fitness room was small, but had a couple treadmills, steppers, and weights.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This Holiday Inn Express is off the beaten path but not by much. It was easy access to I-405 and to PDX. The room was comfortable and had a great AC, nice water pressure in the shower, and decent wifi. I would actually recommend this as an airport hotel, but keep in mind that the area surrounding is limited in terms of dining options. My room had a crappy view of a roof, but what does one expect? The only complaint is that the rate is high for the area.

Room tip: High floor
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Check-in was slow, and our keys weren't ready, but the friendly staff made the delay more bearable.

Our room was large, but reeked of perfumed cleaner on entry. Opening the window did little to remove the smell, it was that strong! This property should be more attuned to their guests' comforts and instead arm housekeeping with less offensive cleaning products. The bed was comfortable and had all non-feather pillows--great for allergy sufferers! There was a power outlet on the lamp base at each nightstand--thank you!--perfect for charging phones and devices at bedside. The room had a mini-fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave.

The bathroom had a shower/tub combo with some mold at the seams; housekeeping just needs to give it a good scrubbing. The shower water pressure was good, and the hot water stayed hot. But the water pressure in the sink was terrible, just a dribble. The extra towels were a plus, though.

The free WiFi worked well. Parking was free in the hotel's large, open-air lot.

If I'm ever in the area again I might stay here, especially if they switch to better cleaning products.

Date of stay: May 2017