See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2017

The room was perfect for what she wanted. My cousin sold her home and needed a place to stay with her cat while the furniture moving took place and then final details until her airplane flight. The room was spotless and no odor. The sheets were clean and fresh. The check-in and room cleaning were most accommodating. Have had five star not equal to what she experienced at this motel. This was perfect and location was incredible for last minute shopping and eating. Thank you!

Room tip: My room was quiet and next to the office.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Not very good, but what we expected. The best thing about it was its proximity to Portland’s Airport, no more than 10 minutes away (on the other side of the river). It also is close to a cluster of stores ranging from Starbucks to Trader Joe's. The front-desk people were friendly and helpful (got me the extra pillow I requested). Everything seemed clean enough, and the room surprisingly contained a working refrigerator, freezer, and microwave. Worst thing about it was the strong odor of Cheap Motel. But we weren’t there to spend time in the room. So it delivered on what we needed: a decent place to sleep.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SleeplessinSD
Reviewed 18 June 2017

When looking for a place to stay, I'm looking for the basics: comfy bed, quiet room, a bathtub, and way to store and make my own snacks (due to dietary needs). I had all I needed, and I didn't have to pay for what I wasn't going to use. I wasn't expecting a fridge and a microwave, so that was a bonus. It was a nice place, friendly staff. I had a room on the back side which was had a view including trees and I could see the squirrels. It was quiet. I think there are a number of folks here who are long-term tenants, so if that is off-putting, find another place to stay. I much preferred this to the Comfort Inn I stayed in downtown the previous 2 nights which was paid for by my employer. It had rude staff that didn't do what they said they would AND did what they said they wouldn't, more amenities than I could use, and a "free" breakfast that was
worse than I could get for $5 at McDonald's.

I like to visit Portland, and with easy access to 205 to get there, a good value room, and restaurants and grocery stores (even Trader Joe's!) in walking distance, I'll definitely be back

Room tip: Rooms on the back of are quieter and have a view including trees.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I had to tap one circle, though I do not believe they deserve that much. I have been traveling across the US and staying at Motel 6 because they are reasonably priced, pet friendly and USUALLY clean. This is a disaster. I don't know how they achieved 2 stars for reviews. The dumpster was over flowing with trash. I had room 129. The TV was on the brink of dying. The picture was blurred on the right side where the pixels were damaged. The door to the room does not fit well and cold air was constantly coming in. The girl working the front desk was outside smoking when I went to pay for another night. She followed me in, asking what I wanted. She was rude acting like I interrupted her smoke break. She knew I was already a guest, so I suppose she felt she did not need to smile or be courteous to impress. The floors were filthy. The A/C heat unit had little to no instructions left to read. Every noise from above and next door and behind us was magnified. The walkways were littered with trash, dog feces and food wrappers. I am beyond disappointed with this experience and knowing that these are franchised, I hope Motel 6 will see some of these reviews and act accordingly before their good name is ruined.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Aprilsrath100
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear April, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Let me sum this up.....It was SO bad I did not even unpack my bags. FILTHY, dirty, nasty, broken lamps and light switches, moldy bathroom ceiling and very literally what may have been fecal matter on the walls!!! chairs so dirty I would never even sit down. I heater full of dust bunnies and candy wrappers. It just could not have been more disgusting. I walked out and got my money back and am glad there was a police officer getting information from the front desk clerk as I did so. STRAIGHT UP NASTY!!!!

Room tip: I HIGHLY doubt there is even one one the premises.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bluesman6999

Dear Bluesman, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.