All reviews pool and hot tub king room a wonderful place to stay waffles off the highway wifi worked well free breakfast bed was comfortable parking lot front desk clerk coffee maker convenient location safeway motel cereal microwave pillows
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Location of the hotel at the I5 and 205 freeways make it a convenient location. Noise level was not a problem - I didn't hear the freeway traffic.

Convenient walking to eatery options - ranging from sushi, fast food to sit down restaurants.

Having a pool and hot tub was a nice for relaxing.

Clean. But my allergies did kick in inside the room. Probably the pillows!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Andrew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Papuacragrat,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you found us convenient and quiet and also enjoyed our pool and hot tub. I'm sorry to hear that your allergies kicked in inside the room. Our pillows are 100% cotton and our housekeeping cleans thoroughly, but hard to know sometimes what triggers allergies. Thank you again for your review - we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Far from fancy but this is a decent place to stay at an amazing price. Much more affordable that Portland motels if you need a place to stay in the general vicinity! You get a pool, hot, tub, and breakfast. Great economy option.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Been in hundreds of motel/hotel rooms. Clean, well maintained and appointed, comfortable, good value and near good dining/shopping is my criteria for rating for lodging. This motel checks all the right boxes for me. Two thumbs up!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hi TeamFlounder,

Considering how much of an experienced traveler you are, I'm happy to hear that we're checking off all the right boxes for you! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Months in advance we reserved a room for the visit of in-laws requiring ADA accommodations. Upon making the reservation I asked specific questions to insure that the room was equipped with shower access to roll in a walker/wheelchair. I was assured that it was. Two weeks before arriving my in-laws called to confirm that the bathing accommodation included a roll in shower. They were assured that yes, it did and we all felt certain that the hotel was able to meet the ADA requirements of my father-in-law. Upon check-in we went to the room to get them settled and as they looked around they saw that the bathroom had a regular shower-tub combination. Because this would prevent access to their bathing, and because we thought the staff had sent us to the wrong room, we went back to the desk to get the correct room assignment. In the subsequent conversation with hotel staff we were told that the hotel does not have any rooms that can accommodate our ADA requirement. We then identified by name the hotel individual who gave us the initial information that a roll-in shower would be available. The hotel staff seemed shocked and said, "Yes, that is one of our staff, sorry." At that point, late on a Saturday afternoon our in-laws were left with no hotel room that would accommodate their special needs, To make things worse, the hotel staff did not offer to assist us in finding another hotel, they just took the hold off of our credit card and said, "Sorry, goodbye." The four of us left upset, stressed, and incredibly disappointed in this Quality Inn & Suites.

The good news was that later that day, after numerous phone calls and internet searches, we secured a room for our in-laws at the Holiday Inn Express, North, 13101 NE 27th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686-2779, (360) 576-1040, where, when told about our experience at Quality Inn, made every effort to match the room rate and welcome our in-laws with an actual ADA compliant room.

It seems that the Quality Inn staff did not report our fiasco to their manager, Mr. Andrew Shin. I did, however, write a lengthy email detailing our disappointments. He responded offering his apologies and indicated that he would be speaking to his staff. He also offered to purchase Choice Points on our behalf. Yet, after this avoidable mistake if is unlikely we will utilize the services of Quality Inn & Suites in the future.

We sincerely hope that Mr. Shin will use this opportunity to educate his staff on the special needs of the disabled. Access and accommodation are critical to those who wish to enjoy their lives in the same ways that the fully mobile do every day.

Room Tip: For best results ask the staff to visit the room and then describe it to you.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hi Toni P,

I was very disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel and fully understand how frustrating it must have been. The correct information about the layout of our accessible rooms should have been provided upon making the reservation. I've discussed your experience with my staff to make sure that everyone is aware of the actual layout of our accessible rooms. I'm happy to hear that a nearby hotel had a room that met your in-laws' needs and will pass along my thanks to its manager. I apologize for the incredible inconvenience you and your family experienced. We will take every opportunity to prevent something like this from happening ever again at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel while my father was going through cancer treatment at the VA. I had my dogs with me and they had to stay in the car due to the fact they charge so much per their pet policy. The first night there, I put my do not disturb sign on the door when I left at 3:30 in the morning. I did not want the housekeeping staff in my room. Imagine my surprise when I returned late that night to find the sign on the floor of my room and the beds made...... I brought this to the attention of the manager, Andrew, and he offered a minimal 20.00 off the price of the room. I called their customer service department twice only to be left on hold. 30 minutes the first time and I am still holding for the second time. I am at 1 hour and 15 minutes now. I followed their policies, but they did not have enough respect for me to grant the privacy I asked for. If I could give them 0 stars, I would. I can guarantee you I will no longer stay at any Quality Inn in the future, or any hotel that the parent company, Choice Hotels, owns. I am an office manager for a very large corporation. You can guarantee that the Quality Inn will also be taken off of our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi Greta,

I’m sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you to our hotel. I know how difficult it is to have a family member undergo cancer treatment. Best wishes to your father in his battle against cancer.

Our pet fee is $10 per pet per night, which we believe to be fair and reasonable, as those rooms require more thorough cleaning so our guests who do not have pets can also comfortably stay in these rooms.

We respect guest privacy here at the hotel. When there’s a do not disturb sign on a door, this means that there’s less work for my housekeeping staff to do. There’s no good reason for them to not honor a do not disturb sign on a door. As for any potential bad reasons, when we spoke about this incident on the phone, nothing was reported as missing from the room. I can assure anyone reading this that I’ve never had theft reported in the 3+ years of being the manager at the hotel and my housekeeping staff has been working here for quite some time. The likeliest explanation is that the do not disturb sign somehow fell off the door handle, which led to the room being cleaned and the beds being made.

I apologize that the room was entered when it wasn’t wanted, as we do our best to honor our guests' requests, especially when undergoing such difficult times. Again, best of luck to your father with his treatment.