1,596 results
All reviews river street cotton warehouse front desk historic hotel fifth floor a river view room rocking chairs cotton exchange complimentary wine small balcony turn down service free happy hour parking garage four poster bed hardwood floors perfect location container ships
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Park your car in the private park behind the hotel, walk into the pleasant small hotel feel entrance and relax. You are in downtown tourist Savannah and this hotel is right there, with cottage style rooms and old world style that begs you to sit and watch the world go by

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Garethsc
mgreerrsi, Director of Sales at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

So happy you appreciate our location and our truly historic hotel! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We were only passing through Savannah for one night, and decided to stay right on River Street. I'm so glad we did - this was a fun location with all the shops, restaurants and bars along the water, and lots of great people watching too. The hotel itself was beautiful - our room had high ceilings, beautiful antique style beds, a Juliette balcony overlooking River Street, and comfortable beds. We also had a great dinner at Tubby's which is connected to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Desiree M

Thank you for your kind review! We take great pride in knowing we've made our guests happy and they've enjoyed staying with us. Our location truly is second to none and so glad to know you had fun! Come back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2016

I'll start with the positives. The location was fabulous. The easy access to Riverstreet was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The interior of the common areas of the hotel was great.

The room was just terrible. We had a room on the third floor overlooking the river. It was at the very end of the hallway so I'm expecting that it might have been a bit larger than some of the other rooms. The main problem was the overall condition of the room. It was nothing too major but an upgrade is definitely past due. A can of paint would do wonders for this room. I love the idea of keeping the furniture in the period style but it went passed period and just too old. The cushions in the chairs looked dirty and sunken. I never even took the time to sit in them.

The bed was a 4 poster bed however the headboard and top posts were leaning against the wall. So any time you turned over in bed they banged against the wall. The carpets were worn and dirty and the bottom of ours shoes showed that... so we wore shoes the whole time.

The bathroom was oddly shaped. There was a large opening in the middle of the room however the toilet sat about 5 inches from the bathtub. The shower was the worst. A used washcloth was still in the shower when I tried to use it the first time. The rest of the shower looked clean so I went ahead and used it. I turned the water on then switched it to the shower. Water literally went everywhere. I thought it was a weird setting so I changed it, but apparently every setting was the same. Water went in every direction and there was no way to move it so that it didn't spray in the floor. I quickly got in the tub and closed the curtain. Once the curtain was closed there was no way to stand where you weren't touching either the curtain or the wall. I'm guessing there was maybe a foot, foot and a half of clearance in width of the shower. I have very short hair but there wasn't even enough water pressure to rinse the shampoo. The shower was so bad that my husband refused to use it again before we headed home!

The only upgrade we could see was a flat screen that was oddly placed in the room (couldn't see it from any position where the bed post wasn't right in the middle of the screen).

The hotel has SO MUCH POTENTIAL. PLEASE REMODEL THESE ROOMS! A curved shower curtain, a new shower head, upgraded carpet and bed would do wonders! There is no way that this room was worth what we paid. My husband and I were hoping for a cool, historic hotel experience but sadly all we got was an old hotel experience. Without updates and remodel we will not be back and I could never recommend.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tracyg1976

Please accept our apologies for your disappointment during your stay with us. We value your comments and we're happy to say a refurbish is in the works and truly hope you'll give us another opportunity to improve your impression of your most recent stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Last minute overnight stay on the end of our summer Roadtrip. Savannah is a great city, and we have always wanted to stay right on the River. This historic hotel completely fit the bill!!
If you arrive after dark, it is a little tricky to locate especially if Google takes you down River like ours did. And be prepared to unload and then park across the street in the public parking garage.
The location is wonderful, the rooms are quaint and clean. My bed was comfy and the room was quiet.
The front desk attendant had great suggestions for both a late night snack and breakfast.
I wish we had another day to stay and enjoy even more :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynne M
mgreerrsi, Director of Sales at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

We're so glad you chose us and enjoyed your brief visit. Parking can be challenging in a historic city, we don't have any old buildings we dare tear down to build a parking lot!
We pay the City of Savannah close to $10,000 per month to purchase parking passes for our guests, hoping to ease parking needs. We hope to have you return for a longer stay next time! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

From the minute we walked in the door we could tell we would like it.. Old world charm and brick with all the updates you could ask for. Our room was really nice over looking the river..... Updated room and bathroom... Lighting not so good but thats my only complaint. You need the room key to activate the elevator but that leads to restaurants and just steps out the door. They have a welcoming happy hour with d'orderves in their bar area which was nice.. Hot Hot coffee in the mornings. Get there early ..... We loved it and would stay there the next time as well.

Room Tip: Ask for river side and an early check in!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SueChic
mgreerrsi, Director of Sales at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're very happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again soon!