1,556 results
All reviews lafayette square evening port noble jones cookies carriage house port wine other guests homemade granola private entrance southern breakfast bed and breakfast evening wine turn down service breakfast was delicious the main house b bs southern hospitality
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

A very nice two-day stay. The inn is ideally located among the old squares of Savannah, away from the more heavily trafficked tourist areas. The standard of decoration and service was excellent. Particular credit to the chippy lady with lots of personality who is in charge of the inn's (very good) breakfast. We would certainly stay again.

Stayed: September 2015
2  Thank S K
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We stayed for 8 nights at the Hamilton Turner Inn. We stayed at the John Weasley suite. It had two four poster antique beds which were incredibly comfortable. The room was beautifully furnished however the rest of the furniture especially the wardrobes were inexpensive wood furniture that had drawers that were hard to open. It also lacked a desk which I would have liked to have as I was studying for an exam while on holidays. The best part of the room was the bathroom with beautiful views of the church next door and the amazing oak trees with Spanish moss but mostly we loved the spa jacuzzi bath. After a long day exploring Savannah it was divine to have a hot massaging bath to relax in. The staff were super attentive and the hot cook breakfast was something we looked forward to very much each day. You have to pick a time slot for breakfast as the dinning room is small. We picked the 9.30am slot but should have picked and earlier slot as staff were in a hurry to close the service by then. I would suggest they wait till 10am or so before clearing up. This would be nice. There were a lot of lovely touches in this beautiful house, there were tea time treats, afternoon hor d'ouvers and nightly port. Service staff were very caring especially the cleaning room staff. The turn down service with home made cookies were much appreciated but we only got the raisin cookies as they had run out of the chocolate chip cookies which were just divine. The Hamilton Turner Inn was the inspiration for disney's haunted mansion and has it's own ghost stories. 8 nights and the family slept well. I felt like I was being woken up at night but went back to sleep soon after. A presence? One night my daughter woke me up pointed to something next to my bedside, said look and went back to bed and did not remember it the next day.
We chose to stay here as this house has history and is beautifully decorated and situated amongst the parks in the historic district which is filled by amazing architecture. It is a plush, elegant and classy establishment and will not disappoint.

Room Tip: Rooms are beautifully decorated but bit on the small side, at the Marshall House you could have a suite for the price
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Malar M
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I stayed two nights at the Hamilton Turner Inn on a recent trip to Savannah. The inn is very elegant with a super accommodating staff. The pluses include:
Morning coffee, early evening drinks and hors d'oeuvres and late evening port in a very beautiful living room. The living room has a hand painted mural covering all four walls.
Breakfast was served in a separate room. There was an assortment of fruit, fresh yogurt, coffee cake and granola on the sideboard. Coffee, several types of fruit juice and eggs or waffles were served to order at each table. All the food was magnificent,
My room was in the annex behind the main house. The annex has a splendid sitting room shared by the guests in the annex.
The staff made you feel like a special guest of the owner.
There were large home baked chocolate chip cookies on the bed each night.
The area around the hotel is quiet at night and safe. It is walking distance to everything Savannah has to offer.
Overall this was a wonderful stay but there was some room for improvement:
The overhead fan in my room # 503 made a clicking sound at low speed.
The bathroom was not en suite. The bathroom was private but could only be accessed through the hallway.
The bathroom was small with minimal space around the sink for toiletry bag contents.
The quality of the tile and the fit and finish of the tile in the bathroom was not up to the standards of the rest of the inn.
The furniture in the bedroom was all new and of the ilk one might find in a second tier hotel chain.
I alerted the staff to my gluten intolerance before I arrived. They accommodated my gluten intolerance including a special breakfast but I had to keep reminding them.
The dining room is small for the size of the inn. When one group of five showed up a half hour late for breakfast, it caused a back up for the rest of the guests.
Parking for the hotel is on the street. Even though I was able to find parking each evening, there were lots of spaces that had to be avoided because of church services at the cathedral, handicap accessibility and street cleaning.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the second (Europeans would say first) floor.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

This place lives up to all the hype! What a beautiful mansion with a lovely and hardworking staff... Doesn't disappoint! We stay at the Isaiah davenport room; small but very comfortable and with easy outside access that came in handy since we took our puppy and with a very spacious and trendy bathroom. Loved the attention to their guest and all the complementary things such as deserts, afternoon wine and snacks and the delicious breakfast. The location is great in one of savannah's romantic squares and there is free parking in the street. I highly recommend this southern town and wouldn't look anywhere else to stay!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JuliMS
Reviewed 12 September 2015

My husband and I visited Savannah for the first time in September, staying 2 nights at this B&B. We could not have been happier with the hotel in terms of ambiance, location, and food!

I really enjoyed reading the history they provided in the leather bound binder within the room that detailed how the Inn changed ownership multiple times and what it was used for throughout history, and especially liked learning that it was the first place in Savannah to have electricity!

The inn is beautiful inside and out, perfectly situated next to one of the 22 gorgeous park-like squares, and is immaculately decorated with tasteful antiques that don't seem old in a gross way :) . The ceilings are 12-13 feet high, and the doorways are strikingly tall, giving it a bit of an Alice in Wonderland feel. We were upgraded to the Noble Jones room, with vibrant green walls and gorgeous drapery, and a gigantic four-poster bed that was so high that they provided a step stool to get in and out of it! The bathroom had a claw footed tub and was completely renovated with a nod to the old but with a very modern feel.

As for the food, the breakfast served each morning was divine. Best biscuits we had in Savannah and Charleston by far! One morning they were topped with a pork sausage gravy next to the best scrambled eggs I've ever tasted, and the next morning they were served as a sandwich with eggs, spinach, tomato jam, and pulled pork. In addition to the main breakfast entree, they have a bar with fruit, fresh baked goods, yogurt and granola, etc. They also put out coffee beginning at 6am in the tea room (my favorite room in the entire inn!), and have various snacks throughout the day including wine in the evenings. They also provided bottled water and fresh baked cookies in our room each night! Let's just say we didn't lose any weight during our stay...

As for activities... We enjoyed eating at the Olde Pink House (walkable, need a reservation), Pearle's Saltwater Grille (have to drive, go at sunset for gorgeous views, ask for a table next to the water), and Leopold's (the ice cream is worth waiting on line for!). We also loved the Bonaventure Cemetery tour led by Dash Tours - it was a highlight of our visit. The bus/trolley city tour was good but not great - really depends on the driver you get.

Totally recommend staying at the Hamilton-Turner Inn!

Room Tip: Noble Jones suite
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple