“Great find!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Kayak is a Locally-owned Casual restaurant with locations in both the heart of Savannah's Historic District and in Savannah’s Midtown Medical Arts area. Our food is eclectic and fresh and we are consistently rated the Best Place in Town for Fresh Salads, Tacos, Vegetarian and Vegan Cuisine. We have a wide range of great options from Southwestern Wild Shrimp Tacos to Housemade Vegan Burgers with Cashew Cheese to Lime-Chicken Enchiladas to our famous Black-Eyed Pea Burger.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in for lunch and so glad we did! Tacos were Delicious, hummus and pita excellent. The portions are huge and price is more than reasonable. We told the waitress we were just going to split the taco order (has 3 tacos and a salad). When it came out, the kitchen had divided and put it on 2 plates without us asking.... one taco and a salad on one plate and 2 tacos and a salad on another. I would highly recommend!!!!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 8 November 2018

We stopped at the Kayak Kafe (historic district) for a light lunch. Salad was OK but nothing to brag about. As my title implies, if vegetarian or organic is your priority it might be a find but those things don't mean anything to me and I especially don't want to pay extra for either. The environment had much to be desired. This is basically a small place on the way into an exercise club. There are a few tables crammed into way too little space, and a counter for carry out. Also a few tables outside. Based on what I saw, most people use it as a carry out. Unfortunately, we chose to sit down and between the carry-out customers, the folks going in/out of the health club and the servers this was like eating in a bumper car amusement ride. There has to be something better for a simple salad.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

I went to this place for lunch around 3 pm. I waited for my salad around 20 mins. Other people came after me already got their salad much earlier. I asked the counter about my order and told her I was very hungry. She told me in harsh sound that different item used different time to cook. I understand that. However preparing salad should not take much time ,more important is no reason to be rude. A gentleman waiter who serve my table is nice apologized but I don't want to go back.

1  Thank sis-bangkok
Reviewed 25 October 2018

If you are looking for cheap eats and be on your way, then this is a good spot. I wasn't impressed with the food, and the service was slow.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Fresh food, awesome black eyed bean burger, turkey chilli was good,
Nice attentive staff