All reviews room was clean great stopping point patio furniture breakfast host front desk a marriott rewards member an extended stay big room business traveler check in was quick pull out sofa business center one night stay next morning complimentary breakfast pet kitchenette
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Super easy hotel for the business traveler five minutes away from the airport and two minutes away from the interstate, overall experience was positive room was clean air condition was calling slept well

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed on our way to Florida. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet. It was close to restaurants and some shopping. The front desk staff was friendly and we didn’t have any issues. It was a solid traveling hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I'm here tonight because Delta didn't get us there (Delta deserves a really bad review but they really don't care so what's th point). I've always been a Marriott fan with a couple of Marriott credit cards and have always apprecitated the service and quality of their hotels. But this place is a very sad. I would not have stayed here if I hade read the reviews that I now see on Tripadvisor. I'm either a gold or platinum member--doesn't matter as the place still has a very unpleasant odor regardless of my "status." Ratty furnishings that look as tired as I feel tonight! I would have given it a 1 star were it not for Lois, the shuttle driver who was delightful and made us feel so at home. She hauled us from airport to hotel to eat about a mile from here. Just lovely lady--I hope they appreciate her! The first place they put us in was freezing and the heater was broken so they moved us. Lois, the rescuer, was sent with a key to move us to anothe room. Still smelled funny. Ick. And their workout closet--it's about that big, is a pitiful. Anyway, I really expect so much more from Marriott. This place was over $200 for the night!!! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Room tip: Go to another hotel...Hyatt Place across the street looks SO much better!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra C
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Sandra C,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment, I was notified by Lois about the first room you were checked into and sent my rooms supervisor to inspect and clean the room correctly. Our hotel was completely remodeled in 2015 with the Marriott specs for TownePlace Suites. We are a long term stay hotel and have many guests of different nationalities stay at our location using different herbs and spices, unfortunately the odors absorb in curtains and furniture. We do our best to follow protocol to remove the odors. I appreciate your comments about Lois, she is a delight and very much appreciated. I have worked with her for 20 plus years at several different Marriott's. Again, my apologies and appreciation for your review.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed Mar 23 - 25. Room was excellent and perfectly located near shopping and restaurants, and 20 min to downtown. And manager karen was super sweet and helpful with our booking. Would highly recommend and definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Platinum elite Marriott members! Sure were not treated like one. Looks nice from outside but rooms definitely need updating. Bathroom needed a thorough scrubbing. Front desk personnel need to be schooled in customer service, very rude when I called front desk for help finding the sheets for the pull out sofa and was told that if I wanted another pillow I could come down and get it!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
karen_mccoy, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear thrilledmedina,

I am certainly sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. This is not the impression we like to leave our guests with and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Our hotel had a complete renovation in 2015 and we opened in 2008. My number is 912-629-7775 if you would like to speak to me further or feel free to email if you would rather. My email address is:
karen.mccoy@Marriott.com