“what to watch for”

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #55 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 October 2017

check your bill charges for parking extra amenities are close staff is very friendly wifi was the pits off and on throughout the stay and tv remote would not work reported to staff. City tour was great with exceptional history by driver. walking to water front close and central area also close

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I've explained, in every way possible, my displeasure. The staff was negligent in replacing things, in my room. They ignored simple requests. Bathroom floor was dirty. It was noisy. I have to give it points for location. That was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Connie.M,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am very sorry that you encountered issues with your room while staying with us. I will be speaking with our Housekeeping Manager in regards to your rooms cleanliness, as well as the amenities that were not replenished. We are truly embarrassed that you encountered these issues while staying with us.
Have a wonderful week

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had FULLY paid for our holiday months before we came to america. This was just a one night stay in Savannah. The only bits left to pay we’re things like car parking which is fine. We were told $20 would be needed for parking and they need a credit card. All fine. But when I checked my statement when I got home they had actually charged me $87!!! I’ve tweeted and got told to email, I’ve emailed and no body has responded .. let alone refunded my money!!! Never written a review before but this has to be spread about this hotel. Be warned!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Charli P,
I do apologize for this misunderstanding. I would like to look into your reservation further, if you could please give me a call at 912-233-1011 I would greatly appreciate it.
We do strive to make sure each and everyone of our guest has a enjoyable stay, and I do apologize that you came home to find these charges.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Upon arriving there was nowhere to park for check in. We were told just to block cars in the lot/driveway while we checked in. This created a pile up trying to get in/out. Cold reception upon checking in. Had to park off site. $60 of additional charges were put on my card and never offered an explanation. No email response or phone call has taken place. $680 for 2 nights at a Best Western with off site parking is not a good deal.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Brandonm124,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. I do apologize for any and all inconveniences you may have encountered while staying with us.
Unfortunately being located in the Historic District parking is a fee. I most certainly will speak with my staff in regards to our check in procedures. I do assure you that here at Best Western we strive to exceed all expectations our guest may have.
I would like to look further into you stay. When ever you have a free moment if you would like to give me a call at 912-233-1011 I would greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

First off, this is more of a motel rather than a hotel. Doors to rooms open to parking lot Free included breakfast was great : lots of choices: bacon,eggs,sausage,coffee, juice, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and waffles. The food services staff was wonderful and very kind. Beds in room very comfortable and room was nice. I don't really understand the housekeeping issue ( maybe they don't have enough staff?) the day after our first night when we came back to our room mid afternoon, the room hadn't been serviced and we were out of toilet paper, tissues and soap. I couldn't get anyone to answer the front desk after trying multiple times so I went down to the front desk and informed them our room hadn't been serviced and was told we had a "do not disturb" sign on our door. This was not only untrue but impossible as there wasn't even a sign anywhere in our room or on our room indicating either do not disturb or please service room. I was also told that the housekeeping staff had already left for the day which, being it was the afternoon, I thought very odd. I was asked what was needed from housekeeping the following day (another odd question since every "hotel" or even "motel" I've ever stayed in has had housekeeping come everyday for everything.) The following day our room was serviced. I'm not sure Best Western knows of this issue but I've never seen it in any Best Western or any hotel I've ever stayed in. There was a lot of noise coming from drunk people fighting and hollering right outside in the parking lot as well but being Octoberfest, that is to be expected I suppose. Other than that, the location was great and we didn't have any issues regarding the construction since we were out enjoying the city during the day. I would consider staying again if the housekeeping issue is rectified. No guest should have to go down to the front desk for toilet paper or to make sure their room is cleaned and restocked.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

ShortCake1972,
I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I will be speaking with our Housekeeping manager over this issue, and try to pinpoint what exactly happened that day.
I would like to look more into your reservation and stay with us. If you could as your earliest convenience give me a call, so that I could I would greatly appreciate it!
We do hope that you will consider staying with us again, here at Best Western Savannah Historic district we hold ourselves to high standards and We are embarrassed that this occurred.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon