“Girls Trip to Savannah”

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #55 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Each year myself and friends pick a destination for our summer road trip. Because time was limited this year, we chose to go to Savannah again. This was not our first visit and we have stayed at different hotels in the Historic District. This was our first time at the Best Western. Lets start at check-in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They explained about the construction and the parking fee. We have never paid for parking at another hotel so maybe this was implemented within the last few years. It was located within walking distance to everything. The room was small and average but equipped with all the amenities. We went to the pool area around 4:30 pm and it was loaded with leaves on the bottom and I noticed the filters were not on. Having a pool myself, I thought to myself with as many people using the pool the filter should have been running. We did eat breakfast there and there was a nice selection to choose from. Again upon checking out, the staff was friendly and asked about our stay. I gave it an average rating because of the noisy construction and feel the rooms could be updated with a more friendly decor.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may want to check out other hotels that is not surrounded by ongoing...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Msly10,
Thank you for your review! We do plan on updating the rooms next year, with new furniture and new looks. I will speak to our head Engineering in regards to the pool and its filters. I do apologize about that. I do hope you enjoyed your visit to Savannah., and that Your next visit you give us another chance to exceed your expectations on room decor and pool status.
Have a Great day!
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The concierge is extremely rude and condescending. Also, we were charged $20/car for parking and $20/pet upon arrival, neither of which we were informed about during booking (despite specifically requesting a pet friendly room). Treated badly and ripped off - we were better accommodated at roadside Red Roof Inn and Days' Inn we've stayed at so far on this road trip.

P.S. - never written an online review before, but mad enough to write this on their own spotty wifi

Hsade2014,
Thank you for taking the time to Review us here at Best Western Savannah Historic District. Here at the Best Western though we are pet friendly we do charge a $20.00 fee per night. Our Parking is $20.00 per night as well, we do offer alternative parking option that cost 10.00 per night. I do apologize for the Guest Service that you received, we do strive to surpass any expectations our guest have. I will be speaking with our concierge and our staff over the service that is being provided.
Have a Great Day.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel in general was just okay they need help controlling the construction behind the hotel and the transients that walk by and hang out in the stairwells. Being they charge you $20 a night to park your vehicle and then you have to fight with the construction crew at the hotel behind it to get your car out and in they park in those spots with no consideration for the guest that pay to park there. The construction crew starts at 7 in the morning till 4:30.We had are difficult time checking in and the woman at the desk had to help get our room ready. We found a dirty washcloth in the shower and only had a quarter roll of toilet paper . They remedied the problems with the room on the second night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

JBVERO! Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Best Western Savannah Historic District. I do apologize for the inconvenience you faced while staying with us. We are working to limit the access the construction staff has in our parking lots. Here at Best Western we hold a high standard on the Quality of service we provide, We take all comments to heart and will do everything to fix and exceed any issues brought to us.
Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First I will start with, construction is going on behind the hotel... not as bad as it looks. I stayed in the back and didn't hear much of anything, if you're a very light sleeper as for a room away from it. second. The staff was nice, Maria checked me in and informed me of the construction going on and the parking fee (Which is not out of norm in downtown savannah, 20 dollars is far better than some places charge) Lonnie was very sweet when I came back to the desk to get an extra key... since i lost one I had. Third. Breakfast is your usual free breakfast, gets you full. Fourth.The concierge was very patient with me and my wife. Though it wasnt our first visit to Savannah it was our first detailed visit. THE OLD PINK HOUSE WAS GREAT! 5th. Rooms are small and comfortable, clean but needs some updating on the look.
Lastly. I was checked out by a young man in a button down shirt who again was friendly. Staff asked me about my stay, and made sure we were happy. Thats all you can ask for...
I plan on coming back... Big Plus the wife was happy. She loved the small pool.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

RPeters0067! Thank you for taking the time to Review us here at Best Western Savannah Historic District. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try to offer an alternative with our parking, since we have a Parking lot located off site, we charge only 10 to park there per night. Here at Best Western we strive to make every guest feel at home and well taken care of. Very pleased to hear we meet those expectations and exceed them as well.
We look forward to having you and Mrs. Peters stay with us again. Have a safe trip back up North!

Maria .C

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This place has construction all behind it and they want you to pay 20 dollars a day for parking. Neither was mentioned when booking a room. Also, they said the room might be available early and no one is at the hotel. Great news!!! It wasn't ready until after 4. I wish I would have stayed somewhere else and I want my money back....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
bdaley847, Front Office Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Lee W
Thank You for your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced while staying with us. I would like to further discuss your stay, and the conflicts you encountered. At your earliest convenience please call 912-233-1011, and ask to speak with Maria. C, I am the Front Office Manager.