1,630 results
All reviews great location historic district river street city market within walking distance street noise bay st continental breakfast the room was nice yogurt beds were comfortable walked everywhere the breakfast area trip to savannah concierge bw motel
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Unexpected gem. A fraction of the price of the nearby big names but the room was updated, clean, and delightful. The service was fantastic every time we interacted. Even let us leave our car past checkout time as we explored the city. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Phil. H!! Thank you for your review!!!
We are over joyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Best Western Savannah Historic District! We do offer our guest the opportunity to leave their vehicles with us till 3pm, in order to fit in those last minute visits in the Historic District.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again!!!
Have a amazing day!
Maria. C
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The location should be good but currently all along the hotel another building is being built.
That means being awoken at 6am by hammers and cranes.
The hotel should let customers know and discount their prices.

The rooms are old and not well maintained especially the bathroom.

Finally the staff is not helpful and not numerous enough generating long waits for customers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 22yvesc
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

Yves. C
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I do apologize for any inconveniences you faced while staying with us here at the Best Western Savannah Historic District. Management Team will most certainly be looking into the maintenance and updates of our guest rooms. And I personally will be speaking to our Staff in regards to the customer service expectations. Here at the Best Western we do strive to make every guests stay a memorable one. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed these standards.

Have a Great Day!
Maria. C
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Please advertise the hotel as it is! It boasts a beautiful, river view, and excellent customer service- it was a view of the construction next door, which towered over the BW property and began at 7a on Sunday. Not aware of construction until we saw the sign in the lobby (was not told by hotel rep). Train your people - particularly, Lonnie - to be happy to see guests, because we are paying her wage! She did not smile, or welcome us. Lonnie did thank us for our patience upon check in - it took 40 minutes for her to make an additional reservation for the couple in front of us, who booked 2 rooms but only got 1. Every staff had excuses for why things happened, but never apologized or took responsibility - from the fact that our room was never serviced, to why our keys didn't work the next day (there were others at the desk with the same problem). Don't offer "free" breakfast (I'm pretty sure I paid for that, with a fee of $188/night) and then stop replenishing food at 9a, with an hour left to serve. When I stopped at the desk to ask for housekeeping to stop by, because we were missed, the man told me they had left and that wasn't possible. He told me to take towels with me - we were on our way out. I asked if the garbage could at least be emptied, and if we could have the towels placed in our room then. He agreed. Someone emptied the garbage but left us a nice wad of some candy in the new liner (gross!) - and no toilet paper. We had to ask for toilet paper twice, because there was no spare. The TV was horrible - all but local channels cut out repeatedly. Fridge did not get cold. Room had glow sticks hanging on mirror from prior guest. The best thing about this hotel was the location to City Market. I am very disappointed, overall, with my first experience with Best Western.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank juliesS1526PK
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel was a little older but pretty good. There was some construction going on behind the hotel. It was a little loud in the morning. There was a little trouble with check-in, but overall it was okay. The location of the hotel is great for Savannah. You are able to walk most places.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My daughter and I drove from Florida to NJ and decided to stay in Savannah for 2 nights. We chose this hotel because it's in the historic district and we walked everywhere.
Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the construction of a new hotel across the street. Fortunately for us, we arrived on Saturday evening and stayed until Monday morning so we missed the construction noise. It started on Monday morning.
Be prepared to pay for parking. The cost is $20.00 per day.
The room was clean, with 2 queen beds which were pretty comfortable. The bathroom was large and clean. A small refrigerator was included in the room.
The breakfast was not bad. There was alot to chose from - regular and decaf brewed coffee was served. Scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits. If you want a homemade waffle, you can make it yourself. Fresh fruit, oatmeal, hardboiled eggs etc.
The location is excellent. Walking distance to see the sights.
I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family