Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
US$208
US$188
  • Pool
2,642 results
All reviewsrooftop poolvalet parkinghi expressgreat locationthe riverhistoric districtwithin walking distancecorner roomfree breakfastcity garagebay stself parkper daywould definitely stay here againtrolley stopfront desk staffvalet service
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend here in mid May and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel has been renovated in the last several years and is quite charming, better that you would expect for a Holiday Inn Express. We had a lovely corner king room on the third floor...not high enough for a river view, but still quite nice with a couch, desk, fridge, sink and microwave and surprisingly no real noise from the busy streets below. The hotel is convenient to everything...River Street, trolly stops, restaurants, bars, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially Gustavo in the bar. He's a very nice young man who makes it a point to ask your name and introduce you to everyone else in the bar. The only negative is the wi fi. Fodor's claims a strong signal throughout, but we did not find that to be the case. We were able to pick up wi fi from the Hampton Inn next door, but had to get a cable from the front desk to get internet. All in all, a great vacation and we would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My colleague and I shared a room in this hotel while we were in Savannah for a conference. First, the hotel fully charged my credit card before I even began my stay. This happened after I called to ask them if they could split the charge between the two of us because I was coming early and she was leaving late. I was assured that I could do it on check in or any time during my stay. Then the next day, they charged the whole stay to my credit card.

When I arrived, the people at the front desk were friendly, but I had to wait while they finished a personal conversation to check in. My room was fine for the most part. But they had black out curtains that only covered the sides of the window! Why would you even have them in the room if there is no way to pull them across and block out sunlight to get a little extra sleep in the morning?

The internet connection was unstable the entire time. My colleague had no internet for the last two days that she stayed there.

My finance troubles continued when, again, despite asking them to give a receipt to my colleague since I was leaving early, they never did. Now I'm going to have to find a way to get them to mail me a receipt so I might get reimbursed for my travel.

The location is great and breakfast was good, but I'm not sure why everyone raves about it. I've been to many hotels, and although this was slightly better, it wasn't amazing. I'd recommend against this hotel any day. It's definitely the worst Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gena T
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Dear Gena T,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, Savannah, GA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and we liked it do well we extended our stay for 2 more. Our room was very comfortable, very quite. We had a lovely view of the river. This hotel is in a great location. You can walk to so many places. Valet was great, worth the daily fee. Staff is very friendly. Clean rooms. When we come back we will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This hotel seems to have been renovated fairly recently - everything seems very new. It has a really excellent location, one block from the riverfront and pretty much dead center east to west in the historic district. The price was reasonable (Valet parking is extra) and the staff very friendly and helpful. There's a very nice rooftop pool and small but adequate exercise room on the ground floor. Breakfast is included and if you can't find something you really like at breakfast you must not like breakfast - it's good with lots of choices.
This is not a luxury hotel but for location, service and amenities you can't beat this.

1  Thank two-lerts
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The staff was very attentive to my needs no long waits and very informative. I wanted a front street view but they gave me a side street room. Probablly the only room left. Breakfast was great and tasty. The hotel is very close to everything downtown. We will come back.