Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
The Marshall House(Savannah)
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn(Savannah)
2,642 results
All reviewsrooftop poolvalet parkinghi expressgreat locationthe riverhistoric districtwithin walking distancecorner roomfree breakfastcity garagebay stself parkper daywould definitely stay here againtrolley stopfront desk staffvalet service
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Our two day stay at the Holiday Inn Express was wonderful.. We were surprised by a charge-free upgrade to a King room with river view because of my husband's birthday. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and had the most magnificent view. The staff could not possibly have been more helpful. The breakfast room was spacious and clean.. the food was good, plentiful and there were many choices. We used valet parking which was a fine value even tho because of the hotel's location we never had to move our car until we were leaving.
Though it was too cool for swimming, we did enjoy the roof top pool area.
It's just a very, very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mswilli
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Location is so important when picking a hotel and this one is perfect if you are visiting Savannah. It is a 5 minute walk to most touristy areas in the city including river st and the marketplace. The neighborhood is safe and well decorated with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Another plus is the parking garage associated with the hotel is right next door so it is a quick walk if you need anything from your car. The pool on the rooftop is a descent size with an adjoining hottub. There are lots of chairs and the view of the city and river are amazing.

The reason I downgraded it is some quality issues with the room itself. The showerhead was lousy and the microwave no longer worked. Also the elevators took forever for some odd reason. Also I didnt find the staff to be as friendly as Ive seen in other hotels.

All in all a good place to stay

1  Thank ares290
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This holiday inn is exceptional! Jim at the front desk went out of his way to help me use the computers. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, views were great. The pool on the roof is worth visiting, just to see Savannah. Located directly across the street from the river street area, it was easy to walk everywhere in the historic section of Savannah. Valet parking is $15 a day. I chose to park my own car, in the same lot for $10, but my dad used the valet service. After dinner Dad discovered he left something in his car and asked the valet about. In three minutes, the valet was back with item! I would definately come back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a better view, but if you can't get one, just go up th the roof and enjoy a spectacular view of Savannah!
1  Thank augustamom
SavannahLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you! Reviews do not get better than "Great location, Great staff and Great Views!" We have passed your comments on to our front desk and housekeeping teams.

We look forward to you staying with us again!

Renee Laurie

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I just got back from my great birthday weekend in Savannah with my mom and sisters. We had never been before and didn't know where the best hotel location would be for all of our sight seeing but picking this hotel was perfect! It is within walking distance to the river, great restaurants, such as the Old Pink House, and has a public parking garage right behind it for when you're not able to get street parking. The staff was VERY helpful and polite when helping us with directions and our hotel needs. We got a room with two queen beds that were very comfortable, clean, and nicely decorated. The only drawback to the room was when all four of us were getting ready it did not have enough mirrors to use and the sink wasn't outside the bathroom. :-) Although we were too busy to use it, the rooftop pool and gym were very nice, especially to watch the fireworks show. The free breakfast had a great selection and they always kept the food stocked, even in the last 10 minutes of breakfast being over. I would and already have recommended this hotel to my firends and already making plans with the rest of my family to go back to Savannah and stay at this hotel.

1  Thank Loni H
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Thanks to the staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Savannah we had a great Children's Pastor Retreat. Everyone is still talking about how special you made us all feel. We can highly recommend this Hotel and Staff. Everyone, and I mean everyone, did an awesome job! Thank you Ricardo for taking good care of our cars!!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have showers only, so it that is important to you just ask the staff when you check in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business