“This was on my "Must See" list for Savannah”

Back In The Day Bakery
Ranked #72 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: CLICK TO READ We proudly serve our neighborhood handcrafted from-scratch baked goods, lunch and coffee Please keep in mind that we are a from-scratch bakery, our menu changes daily and we may sell out of certain (or all) items. *Note If you have a problem with our service or our food, please ask for management to resolve any issues you may have. TripAdviser is great for public shaming/cyberbullying and also a great place to exclaim how great a place is. Be respectful of small business doing their best. Thank You
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unlike the reviews I read here, our experience was not good. We went for breakfast and the lady in front of us in line knew it was our first time. She said, "make sure you go for the biscuit!" So instead of the pastry I had my eye on, I followed her suggestion and ordered a sausage biscuit. I was concerned that the sausage might be spicy but the lady behind the counter assured me it was not. My husband ordered biscuits and gravy. When the order came, we were so disappointed! The patty of sausage on my biscuit had a weirdly sweet taste to it that I did not like, and could not eat. My husband's biscuit and (sausage) gravy was the same, that strange sweet flavor that neither of us had ever tasted before. I ate my biscuit without the sausage. We may try again on our next trip to Savannah, but I will get a pastry!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Choice was limited because we arrive late, cup cake and cookies were delicious ...we loved the grilled cheese. Service very nice

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Don't miss this place when you are in Savannah! It's a little out of the way, but well worth the visit! Their grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches are delicious, made on homemade bread. And don't leave without trying one of their old fashioned cupcakes for dessert!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Had to track down this bakery in the Starland district. It was very easy to find and worth the visit. Inside is charming and a very welcome atmosphere. Lavander Shortbread was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and mocha was one of the best I've ever had. Even got my cookbooks signed by the owner!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Haha not really moving but oh man this place is to die for. I have a coffee shop and was impressed by the knowledge and interaction of the staff. Great customer service and oh the food.... My sausage biscuit was a meal I won’t soon forget. My husband was sad to finish his sandwich. This place was top notch.