“Charming bakery with delicious treats”

Back In The Day Bakery
Ranked #72 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: CLICK TO READ We proudly serve our neighborhood handcrafted from-scratch baked goods, lunch and coffee Please keep in mind that we are a from-scratch bakery, our menu changes daily and we may sell out of certain (or all) items. *Note If you have a problem with our service or our food, please ask for management to resolve any issues you may have. TripAdviser is great for public shaming/cyberbullying and also a great place to exclaim how great a place is. Be respectful of small business doing their best. Thank You
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Had to track down this bakery in the Starland district. It was very easy to find and worth the visit. Inside is charming and a very welcome atmosphere. Lavander Shortbread was melt-in-your-mouth delicious and mocha was one of the best I've ever had. Even got my cookbooks signed by the owner!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Haha not really moving but oh man this place is to die for. I have a coffee shop and was impressed by the knowledge and interaction of the staff. Great customer service and oh the food.... My sausage biscuit was a meal I won’t soon forget. My husband was sad to finish his sandwich. This place was top notch.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This little bakery of the beaten path has really great food. Our group had several breakfast “sandwiches” here - you can choose to get eggs, sausage, ham, homemade ham or any/all of the above on amazing biscuits. We also had yummy, huge muffins and scones as well. Seating is limited so go early or take it to go. We went on a Saturday morning around 8:30am and the line was out the door. It moved quickly and the food was worth it - and we got lucky and did find seats. They are closed on Sunday.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had the Chocolate Pie which was excellent.
Husband had the Banana Pudding, loved it as well.
Cheryl's Brownie was also a big star.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I was visiting Savannah and had read a review about this bakery so decided to stop in. It was easy to find, lots of street parking near by. Right away, the lady at the counter was so friendly and helpful. They have some seating available but you can also take it to go.

I love bakeries (my sister is a pastry chef) so I decided to try a little of everything. I got a breakfast sandwich, it was amazing, like another review said one of the best breakfast sandwiches I have had. I also had an iced latte with their vanilla syrup, it was so delicious, you can tell the coffee was really good quality. I also got a cookie sandwich and regular lemon pie to go. The cookie sandwich is very decadent, the chocolate chip cookies are the perfect mix of salty and chocolate. The sandwich was huge, it would be great for sharing (or saving half for later. The regular lemon pie wasn't for me, they use the lemon rinds in the pie and I couldn't get passed the texture of them. I was dying to try the icebox pie but didn't have a cooler or fridge available.

I would definitely come back and try more stuff but definitely get the breakfast sandwich again!!! I thought the price were very reasonable for the quality and deliciousness!