“Did not disappoint, worth a visit!!!”

Back In The Day Bakery
Ranked #44 of 916 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We proudly serve our neighborhood handcrafted from-scratch baked goods, breakfast, biscuits, lunch and coffee
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I was visiting Savannah and had read a review about this bakery so decided to stop in. It was easy to find, lots of street parking near by. Right away, the lady at the counter was so friendly and helpful. They have some seating available but you can also take it to go.

I love bakeries (my sister is a pastry chef) so I decided to try a little of everything. I got a breakfast sandwich, it was amazing, like another review said one of the best breakfast sandwiches I have had. I also had an iced latte with their vanilla syrup, it was so delicious, you can tell the coffee was really good quality. I also got a cookie sandwich and regular lemon pie to go. The cookie sandwich is very decadent, the chocolate chip cookies are the perfect mix of salty and chocolate. The sandwich was huge, it would be great for sharing (or saving half for later. The regular lemon pie wasn't for me, they use the lemon rinds in the pie and I couldn't get passed the texture of them. I was dying to try the icebox pie but didn't have a cooler or fridge available.

I would definitely come back and try more stuff but definitely get the breakfast sandwich again!!! I thought the price were very reasonable for the quality and deliciousness!

1  Thank Tina S

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I had read so many wonderful reviews about this bakery I could not wait to visit. It was not a disappointment. It was delicious. The atmosphere is cute and pretty. The owner, Cheryl, was working in the front and was so friendly and welcoming. My favourite place in Savannah. I loved the breakfast of biscuits with gravy.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My wife had this shop picked out for a quick bite after our early flight into Savannah. Busy morning with everyone buying coffee, lattes, biscuits and all manner of baked goods. We only had biscuits with cheese and coffee. Big and tasty and hot. Great looking pies, cakes, cookies, Danish but we were on a schedule. Coffee was just ok. People are great.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My niece is a food critic and recommended this place for breakfast. It didn't disappoint. The mixed egg biscuit sandwich I had was the best I have had anywhere. The seasoning of the eggs was so delicious. The coffee was also exceptionally good, and the mom-and-pop feel of the restaurant makes it all the more inviting. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank CaneMom41
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Located South of the park. No outdoor seating so don't bring a pet. Walked in. Pleasant staff. I wanted one of everything they had and almost ordered it too. Restrained myself. Tasty cinnamon bun. Skipped cupcakes but they looked good. Cupcakes have become ubiquitous. Had a buttermilk chess bar. This is the south! Yum. They had breakfast and lunch biscuits/sandwiches but I came for the deserts. Make sure to check the hours before you venture out here.

1  Thank Melissa G