“A real bakery! Butter not lard.”

Back In The Day Bakery
Ranked #73 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: CLICK TO READ We proudly serve our neighborhood handcrafted from-scratch baked goods, lunch and coffee Please keep in mind that we are a from-scratch bakery, our menu changes daily and we may sell out of certain (or all) items. *Note If you have a problem with our service or our food, please ask for management to resolve any issues you may have. TripAdviser is great for public shaming/cyberbullying and also a great place to exclaim how great a place is. Be respectful of small business doing their best. Thank You
Reviewed 20 September 2017

My wife had this shop picked out for a quick bite after our early flight into Savannah. Busy morning with everyone buying coffee, lattes, biscuits and all manner of baked goods. We only had biscuits with cheese and coffee. Big and tasty and hot. Great looking pies, cakes, cookies, Danish but we were on a schedule. Coffee was just ok. People are great.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My niece is a food critic and recommended this place for breakfast. It didn't disappoint. The mixed egg biscuit sandwich I had was the best I have had anywhere. The seasoning of the eggs was so delicious. The coffee was also exceptionally good, and the mom-and-pop feel of the restaurant makes it all the more inviting. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Located South of the park. No outdoor seating so don't bring a pet. Walked in. Pleasant staff. I wanted one of everything they had and almost ordered it too. Restrained myself. Tasty cinnamon bun. Skipped cupcakes but they looked good. Cupcakes have become ubiquitous. Had a buttermilk chess bar. This is the south! Yum. They had breakfast and lunch biscuits/sandwiches but I came for the deserts. Make sure to check the hours before you venture out here.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Yeah we all like sweets, but this bakery is loaded with awesome savory bites- southern biscuits with your choice of center, luxurious ham and cheese croissants, super fresh salads- you get the point. Not just for sugar babies!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Have you ever had an Everything Bagel? Well sure! BUT have you ever had an Everything BISCUIT?!?! Neither had I , until this glorious morning! I'm here to tell you the biscuit was fluffy, sooo tasty and just a treat. We also tried the egg bake, which was also delightful.
I don't know why this isn't rated higher on TripAdvisor, it's a perfect breakfast place.