“Very Fresh Food”

Cuisines: French, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The inviting aroma of sweet and savory menu items, wholesome cuisine and freshly baked breads and pastries prepared on-site daily keep visitors coming back to Goose Feathers Café day after day. Proudly serving the Savannah area since 1986, this bustling,but cozy café fuses the dining ambiance found in Lower Manhattan's urban Greenwich Village with Southern Charm and Hospitality. Love breakfast? Goose Feathers Café serves hot and cold breakfast items throughout the day. Pair your selection with a cup of freshly ground roasted coffee or choose from one of our many flavored organic teas served piping hot or ice cold for a perfect start or end to your day! Savor go-to breakfast favorites like our warm bagels, handmade sweet preserve-filled and chocolate-stuffed butter croissants, and hearty portions of homemade oatmeal with fresh fruit, Eggs Benedict Savannah style served on our made from scratch butter croissants and our signature Breakfast Panini. For lunch, enjoy the soup of the day or our seasonal(April-Oct) famous garden-fresh gazpacho, City Market Sandwiches, Signatures Café Sandwiches, Grilled Panini and a variety of green salads. Other popular menu items include the Honey Ginger Chicken Sandwich, Smoked Turkey Reuben, Italian Panini or vegetarian-friendly Veggie Panini and Black Bean Burrito. Be sure to save room for a serious selection of sweets made from scratch including homemade cookies, cakes, bread pudding, Pecan Pie and our famous whoopie pies. Bon appetit!
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I went here with my two kids while my husband was on a business trip in Savannah. The staff was very helpful (seeing that I was alone with a small child and a baby by myself) and brought me my refill and menu, etc. The only bad thing was that if you have a baby, there is no changing table in the restroom...it's very small. There was a long line to order but it moved quickly. The food tasted very fresh and they worked with me to find something my kids could eat (because of food allergies). It's a cute little place and close to the Ellis square which is a nice place to spend an afternoon. I ended up going back a couple of days later for breakfast. It tasted great. The waffle tasted good on it's own...you can even eat it plain.

There are newer reviews for Goose Feathers an Express Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed 29 March 2010

Try this instead of Panera Bread -- Great Food, Excellent desserts, Friendly staff, Fair Prices

Reviewed 22 March 2010

I have eaten at Express Cafe many times and always have had great food and service. I seem to always get the same thing--Belgium Waffle with fruit and whipped cream but I have eaten the eggs benedict and bagels before. You get served rather quickly but you have to sometimes fight for a seat! Love their coffee too! Would recommend to anyone visiting Sav'h who wants a great breakfast to start their day.

1  Thank Princess35
Reviewed 17 March 2010

The sticky buns were outstanding - not excessively sweet and the whole pecans were crisp in chewy glaze. Good coffee too. We can only comment on the pastries, but they were excellent.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Loved the spinach and Feta Crousants, coffee and cookies. Reasonable price. Great.