“Soooo good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: No trip to Savannah is complete without a visit to Leopold's Ice Cream! Named One of the Top 10 Ice Cream Parlors in the World, Leopold's is a "Must-Do." You'll love our retro ice cream parlor, complete with old-fashioned soda fountain & friendly soda jerks. You'll also experience a little piece of Hollywood in Savannah as you peruse Stratton Leopold's collection of film posters and props from films he has worked on over his 45 plus years in the movie industry! Leopold's Ice Cream was founded in 1919 by three brothers from Greece. They learned the art of candy and dessert from an uncle who had settled in America. The brothers perfected their secret formulas and created the now world-famous Leopold's VeriBest™ ice cream. Our ice cream is made in historic, Downtown Savannah, one batch at a time, using family recipes handed down from the Leopold brothers. With our full soda fountain menu & more than 28 flavors available at any given time, we've got something just for you!
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

I had tutti frutti and chicken salad sandwich and still so good as I remember it from 10 years ago. The lines never seem to end. But it goes fast.

1  Thank Nannetteph218
Write a ReviewReviews (9,757)

Reviewed 15 November 2018

Real home made tasting ice cream. Just hope to get lucky, so you don't have to stand in line to place your order too long. Fortunately, they have a booth at the airport just in case you're left jonesing for more...

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank skttlgirl
Stratton L, Owner at Leopold's Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Thanks for the great review, skttlgirl!

Reviewed 14 November 2018

OMG … the best ice cream ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must try the tutti-fruiti - it is absolutely the best I 've ever had!! Employees very nice too!

1  Thank Pathfinder782442
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

We’d heard about this legendary ice cream shop for years, and it was good to finally try it. I was a bit disappointed in their selection of flavors compared to some of the new local places in Atlanta, but the flavors they do have were good. Peanut butter chip, honey almond, mint choc chip and the socialite (chocolate with nuts and caramel)

1  Thank gccveal2016
Reviewed 13 November 2018

we went here today for ice cream and I was so happy to see they had dairy free sorbet! we went there so my hubby could get an ice cream to celebrate his 70th birthday and I thought I would just have to sit and watch him but I got to have a sorbet. Both his ice cream and sorbet were great. Love sitting in this ice cream shop. Definitely makes you feel nostalgic . Great place to visit when in Savannah

1  Thank mimiboucher