“Delightful owners and great variety of tea”
Review of The Tea Room

The Tea Room
Ranked #199 of 954 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Purveyor of fine loose tea,accessories,gifts,jewelry, and to go tea.
Reviewed 5 May 2017

The Tea Room is not really a cafe, but a place to sample and enjoy tasting a super number of delicious teas. The two owners are very knowledgeable and helpful.
The shop is in the same building with a neat bookstore.

2  Thank Anderson50

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This is a shop within a shop. It is not a place to have afternoon tea, although you can get a papercup of hot tea and there is a small area to sit and chat while you drink it (unless someone is already there). There is a huge assortment of loose teas, and various strainers, mugs, etc as well. There was an older lady working when I stopped in, very nice and extremely knowledgeable. I took my time just looking at everything and she never made me feel rushed. Best of all, this shop is within a wonderful bookstore-best of both worlds. I understand it once had a different location and offered food as well, but that is not the case now. Its still worth a stop.

2  Thank Denise A
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

While ducking into E. Shaver Bookstore and making our way through the twist and turns we found The Tea Room. The customer service was amazing and we were treated to tastes of various teas and a quick lesson in proper brewing. There is a cozy area to sit and sip and chat. Unashamedly while the rest of the Sisters purchased books, I purchased tea!!

As I brew a pot of Savannah Earl Grey (a specialty blend) in chilly Idaho, Savannah memories abound, and an internet order of this blend is in the distant future.

Please check out the oldest book store and try some tea!!

2  Thank Annette K
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Atmosphere is the best. Great for couples and adult friends. Must see place when your visiting Savannah.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I have long been a customer of The Tea Room! I have never been disappointed with the meal or the atmosphere. I only wish they still had the old location with more space! Love this place