“LOW COUNTRY FOOD for the Northern foodie”

700 Kitchen Cooking School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chef Peter Russo, director of 700 Kitchen Cooking School, presents both individuals and groups with an exclusive opportunity to enjoy entertaining and engaging culinary programs in a state-of-the-art environment. From interactive hands-on culinary classes for individuals or teams, to unique culinary programs for groups, 700 Kitchen Cooking School offers new tastes, flavors and techniques for everyone regardless of experience.
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Make sure to plan this cooking class a few weeks before your visit to Savannah.
Well worth the 3 hours, adapted to all level of foodie, it's a fun way to meet people. If there are leftovers, ask Darin if you can bring it home or else it goes in the thrash...

1  Thank andree54

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I did this as part of an anniversary trip. My husband really wasn't excited about it but was going along for me. The class was very entertaining with no dull moments at all. We both learned some things also, there is something for every level of knowledge.
The food was fantastic! The best part was that we were active participants in the preparation. As soon as we got home, I made one of the recipes from the class.
My husband is the one who now wants to go back and take another class because he enjoyed it so much. Chef Darin has a new follower!

2  Thank PCooley
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We took Chef Darin's class on braising and stewing....Chef is an excellent teacher. We learned many tips, tricks and more importantly techniques. He was easy to follow and the time just flew by! I wish we lived closer ( we live in Tampa) as we would sign up for many more classes. We have told many of of friends that they must take a class when they visit Savannah!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I recently attended the Low Country cooking course with Chef Darin with my fiance. I was certainly excited about the course, but it far exceeded my expectations. Chef Darin is a great instructor, EXTREMELY knowledgeable about the food and recipes he prepares, and really makes the class fun for everyone.

I had actually eaten at Husk in Charleston the day before the course and ordered their shrimp and grits. They were great, however, I honestly thought the ones that the students (with the oversight of Chef Darin) prepared in the class were better than those at the nationally-recognized restaurant. Simply amazing!

I can honestly recommend this class to anyone who enjoys cooking and wants to have a fun evening. We really got our money's worth out of Chef Darin's instruction. I have previously worked in kitchens and enjoy cooking as a hobby. I learned many things, even improvements on my knife skills. You also get to take home many incredible and detailed recipes - much more comprehensive than many cookbooks.

I plan on taking many more of Chef Darin's classes.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Chef Lenny was here from Colorado to teach our class on braising & roasting. Absolutely fabulous beef bourguignon, celery root-Russett masthed potatoes, roasted leaks, & a pink grapefruit granita with crispy shortbread cookies.

Absolutely a lot of fun - Chef Lenny is a blast - cordial, friendly, & engaging.

I learned some basic knife skils, how to add layers to my cooking, why you roast red or fingerling potatoes vs using Russet potatoes for mashed potatoes, how to make mirepoix (celery, carrot, onion base used in loads of French cooking), and other great tips.

Just can not say enough about the experience - very pleasurable way to spend the afternoon.