Cool little vintage motel remodeled and modernized while retaining the retro feel. Cute and kitschy, comfortable, but not fancy, so don't expect luxury. They leave mini Moon Pies on the pillow and RC Colas on the night stand. Free popcorn when you check in, plus free donuts, coffee, other breakfast beverages in the morning. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Location is slightly on the edge of sketchy, with announcements from the Greyhound station across the street audible. A little noisy when neighbors slam their doors. Walkable to several good restaurants (within five minutes) and River Street (if you are feeling adventurous) and a five minute car-ride to River Street (if you're not).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah