“Food with a View!”

River House Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
River House Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 954 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Experience genuine Savannah flavor while dining in an 1820's King Cotton Warehouse watching the merchant ships float by. Enjoy local favorites such as crispy scored flounder, shrimp & grits, filet mignon and fresh lobster. Save room for our signature desserts including praline cheesecake, pecan pie and bananas foster.
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Great view, staff, & food! Crab cakes were wonderful! Everything at our table was great! Great lil spot to sit outside & take in the river!

Date of visit: March 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I ate at the River House as part of a tour group. My meal was cold and the vegetable was missing. The broccoli arrived a few minutes before the dessert and was practically raw. i assume the restaurant does better with individual meals but I don't really know.

1  Thank AuntBeth
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We exited at one of the 15 stops on our trolley tour and decided to have a late lunch. After looking over several restaurants along the river, we decided on the River House. The interior was well appointed with a beautiful bar. I decided on the special of the day which was Grouper Florentine. This was served with a very light panko breading and included creamed spinach, roasted tomatoes and parmesan grits. I didn't think I was a grits fan but these were terrific. My wife had Cardina Rainbow Trout, crowned with sautéed crabmeat, fried capers in a white wine sauce on a bed of vegetables and creamy goat cheese risotto garnished with fried kale. Along with the meal we had a very nice Pinot Gris from Oregon. If this wasn't enough, we had pecan pie with caramel sauce and whipped cream. My wife said this was the best she had ever had.
All this was brought to us by our outstanding servers Niccolle and Caner. They were very attentive and made themselves available when ever we wanted them. Gladys, the manager even stopped by to make sure everything was perfect.

1  Thank Packers-forever
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Really enjoyed my first dinner of the week here!!! All I wanted was seafood and I got some great food here! The tilapia was flaky and I got a big piece. It wasn't too breaded. The risotto that came with it was wonderful as well.
My daughter had the crabcakes and they were very meaty...not much breading either-perfect!
I do suggest getting a reservation-we were there on a Tues night and it was crowded!!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My dinner here with my son while on vacation, was one of the highlights of our entire trip. We visited Savannah the first week of January, and it just so happened to be the coldest part of the year anybody could visit Savannah, as it actually got down to the 20's.
The night we dined here, was the night the temperatures plummeted down to the 20's-30's.
That was to our favor, because the restaurant was pretty much deserted, but it made our experience amazing. Our waiter was Seth and he was great; attentive and not overbearing, knowledgeable and friendly.
The food itself was a delight and prepared perfectly.

Date of visit: January 2017