“Romantic dinner.”
Review of Shrimp Factory

Shrimp Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Shrimp Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 955 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Transit: CAT, DOT and Free Downtown Trolley accessible
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1977, the Shrimp Factory is a Casual, Friendly, Fine Dining Restaurant overlooking the Savannah Riverfront, where you can "Watch The Ships Go By!" as you enjoy the finest in local seafood. We invite you to enjoy the atmosphere, the view, and some regional culinary delights.
Reviewed 2 August 2018

My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner, We had a window side table with a great view of the river. I had crab legs and my wife had the crab stuffed shrimp, both meals were excellent, the service was great and the atmosphere was perfect.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Food and atmosphere were fantastic. Only issue, and it was minor: at lunch there were 14 empty tables but they sat us beside a large party. My husband and I could barely hear each other. The party left and we had a few minutes to converse. Then, a family of five came in and were seated so close to us that my husband’s elbow was bumping one of the kids. I didn’t really understand since there were so many tables. Regardless, I would return. I had shrimp and grits. Hubby had shrimp cocktail, fries, and turkey club. It was all very good.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious. We had the shrimp & oyster platter and the crac cake dinner. Food was fresh and service was excellent. Kudos to Manager Bryan for accommodating a special request with no questions asked!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stopped in late one evening for dinner. The food was quite good and so were the drinks. The service was a little slow. Not as bad as another place by the same owners just down the street, but slow non the less. We enjoyed everything and would consider stopping again on our next visit if we were looking for something on River Street.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Came here with my wife (just the two of us) for an evening meal / date, and may I say I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't that busy but the wait staff was slow and not very attentive. They were more busy trying to clean up and wrap up for the evening than taking care of the customers in the restaurant. There were still people coming in the restaurant as they were trying to clean up, and there was well over an hour or two prior to closing time. A business is in business to make money; not to try and clean up as quick as we can to get out of the place as soon as it closes. Needless to say I ordered the seafood boil; or low country boil. It came to me cold. The crab legs were cold, the shrimp was cold, the food was cold. It was all fully cooked mind you, but cold. The rice was over cooked. It looked nice, but was dry, hard and overcooked. It just wasn't the best of meals considering it was right on River Street in a prime area, and for a place that has a name that conveys that they specialize in seafood. Needless to say we went, on a different day, during our stay / trip to Savannah to a place called The Crab Shack which is on Tybee Island. That place is awesome and the food was spectacular, and it's only like a 15 to 25 minute drive from Savannah (if that). This place I would recommend not coming to. The food was not good and the staff seemed like they were more concerned with how fast they could leave for the evening than ensuring that the customers were being taken care of. And there you have it. I don't recommend coming to this place at all; instead I recommend going to The Crab Shack on Tybee Island if you're wanting seafood / Low Country Boil.