“50th birthday day for hubby disappointed”

Olde Pink House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Pink House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 895 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I had read about this place before traveling to Savannah and wanted to eat here. While out walking around on Fri we stopped here to make Sat reservations for my hubby's 50th birthday. As an all things old is wonderful, I fell in love with the house. For Sat the only open reservation for the main house was at 9:15. I had no desire to eat in their newer added on area, so I took the 9:15. When we arrived they walked us right through the main house diningrooms and into the great room added on restaurant. I wouldn't have waited until 9:15 to eat if I was going to be put into this room anyway. So romantic intimate dinner for two gone. I will say this dining room was pretty, but it reminded me of being at a wedding. To start off, i will say our waitress was very good, but too many staff kept coming over too often to check on us. I felt rushed. I barely had a sip of my pre dinner cocktail when my she crab soup arrive. Whuch, by the way, was fabulous. I had barely put down my soup spoon when our main course arived. Duck for me, filet mignon for hubby. In the end the food was good, but we couldn't help but wonder how our meal was ready in like 10 minutes. Nuked? So in the end we felt like we were at a wedding we had to go to but didn't want to so we ate as fast as we were served and left. Never so disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (12,189)

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Not only was ambience historically fabulous but the food was amazing!! Our waiter was super-knowledgeable and guided us in our delicious wine selection! The grouper stuffed with crab cake special was amazing. The pork tenderloin was melt-in-your-mouth delish!! I would absolutely recommend!! Enjoy!!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The food was great and service was excellent from the door in to the door out. We walked through the house and saw all of the different rooms the history of the house is fantastic. I enjoyed every minute.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Our expectations were way too high from reading many of the excellent reviews. Yes, the service was efficient and friendly, but almost all of the food was a huge disappointment. The sole exception was the gazpacho. It was terrific. Everything else seemed to come right out of the microwave once they tore off the cellophane from Sysco's. Do not order the flounder. The presentation was disgusting. The fish was scored too heavily, popped in a microwave, and then had apricot juice poured over it. By the time it got to the table it looked like a bloody mess. The tail was the only identifiable part of the fish. They didn't even bother to put a sprig of parsley on the plate to complement all the red. I gave it a good college try. It almost tasted as bad as it looked. Almost. Two stars out of sympathy for the wait staff. Avoid this overpriced tourist trap.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my meal tremendously. However, the rest of my party ordered flounder that was covered in a very sweet sauce. I would suggest that anyone ordering consider having sauces put on the side. The service was great and a lovely young woman came and serenaded us with beautiful Johnny Mercer sings (Moon River). I wouldn't miss this place just because of its location and ambience. Just order carefully.