“Pop in on our way to Tybee Island ”
Review of Driftaway Cafe

Driftaway Cafe
Ranked #23 of 914 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Driftaway Cafe specializes in "casual coastal cuisine" with an emphasis on flavor and fun! Driftaway Cafe was created out of the desire to serve the surrounding neighborhoods and businesses fresh local seafood in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Our vision was to offer our guests a quick bite to "eat out" or the opportunity to stay and "dine" whether or not it is a quick taco with a cold beer or one of our featured nightly entrees with a nice bottle of wine. We were set to open on September 11th, 2001! What a horrible day that was for all Americans. We postponed our opening so that terrible day would not be our anniversary. Needless to say, our first year was quite a challenge, but with the support of God, friends and family we continue to strive forward everyday. We specialize in made to order fresh local seafood dishes, fresh garden salads along with a variety of appetizers and sandwiches. Our talented Kitchen staff showcases their skills with nightly entree specials. We are known for our friendly atmosphere and our fun environment. We feature live music a few nights a week and have been blessed with a great staff and a regular repeat clientele! Driftaway Cafe Is a locally owned restaurant located near the Wormsloe Plantation and the historic Isle of Hope. Owners, Robyn and Michele, have been in business together for the last two decades in Savannah. They work hard as a team and have developed a great staff that have been taught to treat each person that walks through the doors not as just another customer, but as a guest in their own home. They work hard to instill a passion for food, fun, flavor and family into everyone they meet!
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Pulling in with my family of 16 was like where are you taking us. Best service and the Food oh my amazing! Crab soup amazing! Tuna tacos the sauce was just delicious! Corn chowder my 1 year old went to town! Grouper on the special someone at our table got and it was awesome. Crab cakes a huge hit. Honestly can’t go wrong will be a place we go to when we come back!

Robyn Q, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a nice review and for bringing in such a nice group! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Savannah. Cheers!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Every dish we have had has been delicious and the service is wonderful. The servers are very friendly knowing how to keep their customers happy. We also enjoy the
atmosphere.

Thank you for such a nice five star review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Driftaway Cafe. I will be sure to commend my staff on a job well done. I sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

A local favorite with excellent food and service. The tuna tartar is my favorite! A local hidden jewel!

Robyn Q, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a nice five star review here on Trip Advisor. I will be sure and commend my staff on a job well done. I am glad to hear you enjoy our tuna. I personally love the tartar myself. I appreciate your continued support and patronage and look forward to serving you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I would like to say the creator of the cuisine is a genius ....there are many choices to decide from and the atmosphere is phenomenal with a very comfortable feel....it can be your first trip and they make you feel like one of the regulars!!! Looking forward to our next trip there!!

Robyn Q, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Thank you sir for taking the time to give us such a nice review here on Trip Advisor. I am sincerely grateful for your continued support and patronage and look forward to serving you again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

It has been over a year since our last review of this restaurant and our opinion of its excellence have not changed. The food, ambiance and top notch service continues to be the best. Don't miss a visit to Driftaway!!!

Robyn Q, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thank you Arthur! I appreciate you taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. I am sincerely grateful for your continued support and patronage and look forward to serving you again soon.