“Nowhere as impressive as its reviews :(”

Elizabeth On Thirty Seventh
Reserve with OpenTable
Elizabeth On Thirty Seventh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 905 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Drayton St.
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We had dinner at Olde Pink House and Chive, saving Elizabeth for last because we had been told it's the best. On this particularly Tuesday evening, it wasn't even close. We ordered 3 different fish dishes, and no one was particularly excited about theirs. I had flounder--didn't bother to finish the medium-sized portion because it really wasn't delicious, although it did have a delicious flan-like side that was really awesome. My mussel hors d'oeuvre--a special for the evening--was quite nice. We shared 2 desserts --pecan torte, which tasted waxy (!?) and the Charleston-something-cake, which was fine, but not special. The architecture/decor was nowhere as interesting as Olde Pink House. Maybe we should have gone here first--it wouldn't have been as disappointing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We celebrated my 50th in Savannah! First time for both my husband & I.
We dined at Elizabeth on 37th for dinner, on my actual birthday. Good Gracious, what a marvelous meal. Splendid atmoshere and attentive staff made the night complete.
We were seated at a two-top by a window in front of the fireplace.
My husband began with a seasonal turnip soup. I chose the seared scallops. Melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
For dinner, The Savannah Red rice entree for him and the RedSnapper with brussel sprouts for me, were perfection on a plate. We both had to ask for to-go boxes, therefore our b'fast the next morn. was yummy too!
We split a desert, before our server surprised me with another sweet treat from the kitchen for my b-day.
Romantic. Delicious. Historic. Quaint. The entrees and their presentation are well thought out and expertly executed.Treat Yourself.
You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We were lucky enough to have dinner over the holidays, at which time we had the extra treat of the wonderful decorations in the beautiful house, but the fabulous dinner would be worth it any time of year. The servers were extremely friendly and helpful and everyone seemed to want to create a memorable experience. Everything that we ate was delicious--and we ate a lot! Our foodie son declared the oysters (they were a special and grilled or broiled I believe) the best thing he had ever eaten. Everything was incredibly fresh, particularly fish, shellfish and vegetables, and the flavors were incredible as well. We couldn't choose so we ordered two desserts, a gingerbread cheesecake that was amazing and a chocolate and pecan dessert, equally wonderful--as they were still the next morning when son finished them for breakfast. Truly the culinary highlight of our visit to Savannah!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

The service team makes Elizabeth of Thirty Seventh virtually perfect. The food is silimilary perfectly prepared, tasty and pretty on the plate. The wine list is (far underpriced) with good options and, again, -- outstanding value.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We visited Elizabeth On Thirty Seventh at the suggestion of a friend who said the food is good and the service is excellent. Well he was right, the food was good and the service was great. I appreciate great service and it's half the formula to a great meal. Sadly, the food was good at best, especially when considering dinner for two was $150 (with only two beers and no dessert). The entrees were delicious; I had the pork chop and my wife had fish. But the accompaniments were all so so.

1  Thank Ron E