1,712 results
All reviews double tree white noise machine city market great location front desk cookies historic district bay street valet parking valet staff within walking distance street noise beautiful hotel breakfast buffet upon check definitely stay here again great place to stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all, the folks at the lobby desk treated me as if I were a celebrity! They were so kind and friendly. The air was scented by diffusers with a delicious scent that contributed to my feeling of relaxation along with the light jazz music being played by a "ghost" on the baby grand in the lobby. The decor in the sitting room was perfect. Our room was clean and very comfortable. I can't wait to check in again! Almost forgot - we ordered breakfast and I am so glad that we did; it was satisfying and delicious. It was definitely worth the extra charge.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah N
NorthPoint78, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Deborah, thank you for your glowing review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Historic District. It’s great to read everything we have to offer left you with a remarkable impression of our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest again whenever you are back here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent the last few days in Savannah, Georgia. We stayed at the DoubleTree hotel in the historic district. We could not have asked for a nicer stay. Everyone was so nice and considerate. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly. The room was extremely clean and well maintained. I had read about the hotel being in a noisy area, but that proved untrue. It was quiet and very well located near everything we wanted to see in their beautiful city. We will definitely stay with them again!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan K

Susan, thank you so much for the fabulous review! We love reading such wonderful praise for our welcoming service and comfortable accommodations. All of us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Historic District look forward to welcoming you both back for another outstanding experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was visiting Savannah this weekend to attend a wedding. I stayed in the Doubletree and was very pleased. My room was especially clean and I loved the location--it's close to the River Walk, restaurants and shops. The only negative is the $30/valet parking fee (with in/out privileges), but when I called to pick up the car, it was always ready and I didn't have to wait. The people who parked the car were very friendly--they greeted me each time I came back, which was appreciated. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. I ordered a hamburger via room service and the burger was one of the best I've ever had! I highly recommend this hotel your next trip to Savannah.

Room Tip: I would not recommend a room over the pool; it gets pretty noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Barbara, thank you for your terrific review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Historic District. It is good to know you were impressed with our hospitality and that our excellent location was perfect for your plans. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I had a great stay at this hotel. It was close to everything in historic Savannah and was an easy ferry ride to the Westin (where the conference I attended was held). Overall, no real complaints except for a few nights of loud music making it difficult to fall asleep.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
NorthPoint78, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for your glowing review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Historic District. We are delighted to read you loved everything we offered and that our terrific location made your stay more comfortable. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Double Tree couldn't be in a better location on Bay Street near the river, Market Square, and just a few short blocks to museums. The hotel is lovely, clean, and sophisticated, the staff friendly. Enjoyed the pool and spa, the large windows in our room overlooking a square, the restaurant, and, of course, the cookies.
I discovered that my car had a flat tire on my first morning in Savannah. The bellmen, Carlos and Jontae, secured an air pump from the maintenance department, inflated my tire, and gave me directions to a tire store. They definitely rescued what was starting out as an unpleasant day and went above and beyond their job descriptions to help me. Patrons are first greeted by these two gentlemen when they arrive at Double Tree and they are both excellent ambassadors. Their customer service was superior.
Will choose Double Tree again on my next visit to Savannah.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to know DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Historic District was the perfect location for your tour of the oldest city in the state of Georgia. We are happy you enjoyed the many attractions and restaurants within walking distance of our hotel and that our team delighted you with their "can do attitude". Thank you for staying with us and please come back to explore more of our charming Southern city.