“Anniversary Dinner ”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 953 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$9 - US$54
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln St
Description: Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entrée and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie or show too.
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Perfect anniversary dinner complete with champagne and a card! So very thoughtful and appreciated!! I see another date night in our near future!

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The location is in heart of downtown Savannah. My husband and I enjoyed our first visit and will definitely return during one of our date nights. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is great for couples.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Visited here a few days ago and had a marvelous time. The kids and I tried the summer menu which has a Louisiana gumbo 4 course meal on it. And OMG it was wonderful! I believe our waiter was named Austin, he was very personable and knowledgeable about the menu. He showed much patience as it was the kids first time eating there.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

There is no question that this restaurant gives you a lot of food. Our dinner started with a cheese fondue course, followed by a salad, then progressed to the entree course, where we cooked our different meats (beef, chicken and shrimp) and vegetables in a cooking broth and a wide variety of dipping sauces, then ended with a chocolate fondue course. We had a large group so we ordered different varieties of the fondues and sampled from the different choices on our tables. The food was wonderful, the service was impeccable--our group consisted of a large number of kids, so there was a great deal of patience required from them, and they couldn't have been better--but this restaurant is so very much not inexpensive. A place like this should be reserved for a very very special occasion--or if you really want to impress a date--because it can kill your wallet if you come too often. And although we had seven children in our group, I would not recommend this place for anyone under the age of 10 or 12 because there is a degree of maturity expected. They gave us a later reservation in an empty back room because they knew we would be loud (and we were). Our group would have been kicked out if we there in the main dining room at a prime dinner time.

Date of visit: June 2016
MeltingPotSavGA, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Hi My name is Josh Behringer and I'm the owner of The Melting Pot here in Savannah, GA. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review here on TripAdvisor.com about your visit. I hope you are signed up for our Club Fondue emails so you can stay up to date with all of our specials and events. We hope you will dine with us again soon!
Thank you!
Josh Behringer
912-349-5676

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went here on our honeymoon so it seemed approprite that almost 2 1/2 years later we should go on our baby moon! The place is to die for!!! It is def a special occasion place. It's about 85.00 for a 4 course meal for two. We started off with the spinach dip cheese. It was neat for the waiter to bring the ingredients and make it in front of us. We got two of the add one but prob Would have been fine wth just 1. Complimentary dippers included broccoli, carrots, bread, tortilla chips, green apples. The add on included baby dill pickles, baby tomatoes, sausage, ham, salami and prosciutto. It was heavenly!' Next was salad. We both selected caesar and it was tasty but I tried not to eat it all to save room for the main course--dessert-- ha! Next was our main course. We shared the classic and it was plenty for both of us. It had shrimp, steak bites, longer pieces of steak, pork, and chicken. They gave us a direction card for how long to cook. We got the complimentary boiling base which is a chicken broth based. The meat was seasoned so well I think it would be delish in anything!! we were given two mayo based dipping sauces and 4 others (teriyaki , plum, sirrachi and ginger). The hardest part was deciding which one to dip your food in. Veggies that came with main course were sweet potatoes, mushrooms and broccoli. This course was my husbands fav. Our final, and my fav course, was dessert. We selected the original which was milk chocolate with crunchy pb. It was lik a reese cup. I could have eaten it straight! We didn't get the add on for dessert (cheesecake, berries) bc complimentary was more than enough: strawberry, pineapple, banana, rice Krispy treats, blondies, brownies, some little pecan treat, and Oreo covered marshmallows. Once again, to dieeeee forrrrr!!!! Now if you want a small treat you can go for just cheese and dessert which would help lower your bill by Save up! Go big!!' You won't be disappointed. Oh yea, and Staff was friendly too!

Date of visit: June 2016

Hi My name is Josh Behringer. I'm the owner of The Melting Pot here in Savannah, GA. Thank you so much for joining us on your honeymoon and now your babymoon! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review here. I am so glad you truly enjoy and appreciate the entire fondue experience! We hope you will dine with us again soon before your baby is born.
Thank you!