“Great food ...casual atmosphere”

Crystal Beer Parlor
Ranked #11 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Savannah's second oldest restaurant and bar has been feeding hungry Savannahians and visitors for over 75 years! Your host, John Nichols is committed to providing you with a great meal, value for your dollar, efficient, friendly service and a good stiff drink! We serve the Crystal classics like the creamy Crab Stew, juicy Burgers and the hand cut Fries. You'll also want to try the new Grilled Greek Wings, the Gawgia Cracka Nachos, Avocado Hummus, Sauteed Veggie Wrap with Goat Cheese and the Peach Cobbler. We've got the best fried shrimp in town! We've also added delicious vegetarian items to the menu! Join us at The Crystal for lunch or dinner and experience this living part of Savannah's history! All major credit cards accepted. Handicapped accessible, handicapped parking.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

My family and I ate at the Crystal Beer Palace on our last visit to Savannah. My husband loves their blue crab cakes. In fact, I don't think we have ever had anything we didn't like. The food is excellent, it is an historic place, and the prices are reasonable. What more can you ask for!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,580)

Reviewed 6 September 2016

My mom has been coming here since she was a little girl and had told us many times to try it when we were in town. So now I have tried it and cant believe I didn't come sooner. The crab dip was amazing and I got the deviled crab dinner and my wife got the cheeseburger with onion rings. They were both fantastic. I cant wait till we come back to Savannah to eat here again. This just shows that you should always listen to your mom.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Glad we stopped by and tried the beer! They were very busy but we sat and the bar enjoyed the atmosphere. Worth a stop, a little out of the way but definitely worth trying!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I had the NOGS burger ... OMG. AMAZING. Brie on a Burger!! The service was awesome as well even though they were crazy busy!!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Simply put!!! Dropped the mic, I'm done... Man I would eat here everyday if I lived closer.. I will recommend to any and everyone who visits Savannah for anything... Onions Rings a must try.

JohnAtCrystal, Owner at Crystal Beer Parlor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Hand cut, hand breaded and fried crisp! Made the old way! Glad you enjoyed your visit! I wish you lived closer, too! Hope to see you again soon!
John Nichols