“Special occasion ”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$45 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Whitaker
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Oh my gosh! This was top five best meals ever!! My mom and I were celebrating and wanted steaks. Ruth's Chris did not disappoint!! We had the flash fried lobster appetizer with Siracha aioli. 11 oz filets, French fries, creamed spinach and vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce. Yum yum yum Highly recommended

1  Thank Bethany H

Reviewed 19 January 2017

The service was great! The food was all cooked to perfection and we had a wonderful time!
I had the crab cakes and they wonderful? I also had the lobster bisque that was creamy and rich and had lobster in it this time. Last time I was here there was no lobster meat? My husband had the petit filet and he was very satisfied too! And we had dessert, the chocolate lava and the apple crumb tart. It was also wonderful!

1  Thank Diane L
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Ruth's Chris, Savannah was a big disappointment, especially when I consider past experience, its reputation and prices. It reminded me of an expensive Texas Roadhouse considering that there is no dress code, the ribeye steak was tasteless and full of gristle, the lighting was too high and the noise level moderate to loud. At Texas Roadhouse, you get that for well under a $100 for two. At Ruth's Chris, Savannah you get similar for over $200.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Made reservations a couple of days before. When we arrived we were early had to wait for a few minutes before we were escorted to our table. When we sat down there was a card signed by all the staff for my wife's birthday. Nicely done. Table was a little small. We started to order appetizers and we wanted the seafood tower and they were out. We ordered the veal oso buco ravioli they were great. We had a long wait for our waiter to come and take our dinner order. Not sure why it was not that busy. We both had the cowboy ribeye. Nice size steak. I ordered mine medium and it was rare. Not to happy. Told waiter and he took it back. It was ok. Had lobster mac and cheese it was great lots of lobster. Waiter brought out cheesecake for my wife's birthday. Real nice. Waiter informed us the manager took 10% off my steak not bad. No charge for the cheesecake.
Overall food was good

1  Thank Don B
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Anniversary dinner, treated like royalty! Both of us had the petite (8 oz, not too petite!) We ordered stuffed mushrooms & calamari starters; Filet Mignon, cooked perfectly, shared mashed potatoes & grilled asparagus -- serving size as always encourages sharing; no room for dessert! Staff are knowledgeable about the meal menu and the drink menu. I confess to being a real fan of Ruth's Chris since 1965 in New Orleans!

1  Thank NNKVirginia